Alibre less confusing........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alibre less confusing........

Nothing like a 20 hour stretch of using it (with no reference manual other than the "help pages") to improve skills.......... Got the assembly done, 3 stacked PWBs, hardware components, IGBTs, cooling plate, and several connectors poking through holes in the 2 part sheet metal case, plus most of the important large components.......

Came out OK, although Alibre 12.1 needs to be closed and re-opened every so often to "get its mind back". It would have features quit working for no reason.

Can't show the assembly, it's for a client, unfortunately.... at least unfortunate in the respect of showing it, it's much more fortunate from the standpoint of having another paying client.

If you have it and don't use it, as I did, forget the tutorials.... they often don't even match the software, and mostly are made to show off some of the glitzy features.

Do something reasonably complex of your own, you will run into practical issues and have to learn.

I did join the forum, but in the event, got really no help that counted from others there. Got more help from just describing the problem, that often puts you onto the solution.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

I did join the forum, but in the event, got really no help that counted from others there. Got more help from just describing the problem, that often puts you onto the solution.
    Joining the forum won't do you any good. You also have to ask questions!
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
      Joining the forum won't do you any good. You also have to ask questions!
      Yah THINK?

Well, I doubt that asking the questions WITHOUT joining the forum will do much either.

Sometimes, though, just putting the problem into an askable form will get you most of the way to a solution. My wife answers a goodly number of machining and engineering questions that way.....................

It usually makes you look at the problem in a new way, and often you see what was not previously seen.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        Yah THINK?

Well, I doubt that asking the questions WITHOUT joining the forum will do much either.

Sometimes, though, just putting the problem into an askable form will get you most of the way to a solution. My wife answers a goodly number of machining and engineering questions that way.....................

It usually makes you look at the problem in a new way, and often you see what was not previously seen.
        Your are right about wording the question and that giving you the answer. I just need to learn not to hit the submit button after I write the question. I was always told if you really want to learn something teach it.
        How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X