Drill/tap organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill/tap organizer

Some years ago I bought a plastic stand that holds taps and drills from no 2 thru 1/2 , NC And NF, tap and clearance drills. It is fairly worn out,and I'm having trouble finding a new one. Any suggestions? Bob.

Something like this? http://colletizer.com/Tap_and_Drill_Rack.html

Comment

Copy the plastic one in aluminum. The alum one will never wear out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Folks View Post
        Those things always scare me.
        Every time i see my coworkers porcupine on his cart, i wish none will impale himself on that thing.

Maybe if i screwed a back borad to ot it would look less dangerous.
        FSWizard - Free Online Speed and Feed Calculator

Comment

Thanks guys, not like those pictured. This one has a row of taps from 2-56 to 1/2-13 on the left, 2-64 thru 1/2-20 on the right. The coresponding tap drill next to each row,and i clearance drills down the center. I will try to get a pic. Thanks again, Bob.

Comment

I have the exact same one, I went and looked for a manufacturer name, couldn't find one anywhere.

Also couldn't find one online anywhere, can it be obsolete???

Dave

Comment

Could it be an older "Huot" design?

One of these sites, can't remember where now had a topic on this, with a number of collectors of drill stands etc showing their collections.

Anyone here know where i saw that?

Comment

Thanks, Dave, I'm pretty sure I bought the ones I have came from Mc Master Carr. Thier current catalog does not show it .i shall call them Mon, and inquire further. FYI, I sprayed the one in my shop with white paint, after cleaning of course, much easier to read now. The ones at work lead a much harder life and need replacing. Bob.

Comment

Bob, i just for the heck of it checked my #85 Mcmaster-Carr catalog, there is one listed there, measures, 4 1/2x 7 inches ?

Catalog # then was 2972A11 (Probably not much help.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zero_Divide View Post
                    Those things always scare me.
                    Every time i see my coworkers porcupine on his cart, i wish none will impale himself on that thing.

Maybe if i screwed a back borad to ot it would look less dangerous.
                    That doesn't look too bad..... At work the mechanical workbench has a block with flat wood boring bits.... the type with the center spike, and a "horn" on each outer corner. Point UP of course.

Having impaled myself a few times, I started putting it in other places...... on tall things..... and it kept coming back to *just in front of* some commonly used tools (!).

Finally the boss impaled himself on it, and magically it went back where I had put it and stayed there! He had had his wood-worker FIL organize the tools, including making that and other tool-holding blocks.

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

Comment

Sasquatch, I am using McMasre Carr No 119 currently,I have newer ones available if you would like one. The current book does not show one.Bob.

Comment

Thanks Bob, but the only reason i have that #85 is i found it in an auction sale a year or so ago, nobody bid on it. I don't buy from them being in canada, however i know where there is a 1940 version, and i,m going to try to get that, just to have for interesting reading from that era.
                        They sure have an amazing bunch of stock.

Comment

Working...
                        X