Clear All

• craking lathe on ebay you must see

look at this lathe the owner says in the description it needs a
    Motor,oh and also some
    wd40
    oh how I laughed Alistair
    ebay number 3804696446
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Interesting item, an old turret lathe(I guess) with the turret on a horizontal axis. I dont think WD-40 is going to bring that one back! Below is the URL to go straight to the item. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3804696446

[This message has been edited by Carl (edited 03-22-2004).]
    THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

To quote the ebay ad, this is heavy man. And to think some idiot out there might actually bid on this. Not worth the price of the gas to move the damn thing
      Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Alistair,better hurry up man!Somebody might get in ahead of you,I mean after all its already up to $1.82!! And besides if you don't get started now who will unseat John from his title of Sir Packrats Alot Geez!I mean if he finds an open patch of concrete shes gone!

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 03-22-2004).]
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

The ad says "JUST BEEN DUG OUT OF NEIGHBOURS SHED" I think it should say just dug out from under neighbors shed

Alex
          Alex

Comment

I was thinking they salvaged it from a ship wreck.

Comment

They were being polite, the correct term should be privy.

------------------
              Neil Peters
              Neil Peters

When on the hunt, a broken part is better than no part at all.

Comment

Actually, with the price of scrap being what it is these days....

Comment

Actually although we have pictures to see here, sometimes people bid(which I have never been able to understand to this day) without any photographic evidence.
                  Imagine you were relying on description alone. Thinking "Oh well just a motor and a little dab of the old WD eh" "just what I need" etc etc etc seems like he could be in trouble. Alistair

Comment

That's just a piece of iron ore.

[This message has been edited by J Tiers (edited 03-23-2004).]

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

Comment

...and there's No Reserve! Imagine that.
                      Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Oh, come on, just dunk it in a tub with a battery charger and it'll clean right up! Then some scotch-brite and a can of paint and you've got a newly rebuilt lathe!

Comment

Don't laugh.
                          The bidder is 30 to 40 miles away.
                          This thing weighs about 3/4 of a ton and heavy cast is آ£70 a ton and rising.
                          For all you know Luton could be on a sheduled run.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

John I am surprised a man of your ingenuity could not make this into something useful say like a submarine or an automated toilet roll holder Alistair ps any other ideas guys

Comment

Turn it into a fountain. I don't think getting it wet would diminish it's value....

Alex
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X