Paging GNM109 to the photo shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging GNM109 to the photo shop

Any chance the images from this post can be restored?

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...040#post609040

That was an interesting coaxial clone.

Edit: Not clear from this, but the coaxial indicator clone images on the same page are also gone.
    Last edited by dp; 03-01-2013, 05:17 PM.

Saw a post by him a week or two ago about problems with Photobucket.
    George

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
      Any chance the images from this post can be restored?

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...040#post609040

That was an interesting coaxial clone.

Edit: Not clear from this, but the coaxial indicator clone images on the same page are also gone.
      Hi,

Happy to help. You are referring to the homemade tool to rewind the quill spring on my Webb...a similar tool could be easily made for a Bridgeport. Coming right up.

The coaxial clone was not mine...someone else made that one.

As to the reason for the photos coming out, there has been a major uproar at Photobucket recently and I was unable to do anything with my photos on their "new and improved beta program". Their reorganization apparently broke many links so I removed everything for fear that I would lose them. I will get them to you soon.
      =====================================
      EDIT: Here you go. The first picture shows the quill arrangement on the Webb Mill. It has two 6mm SCH screws that hold the quill spring rotor and bearing into the head. The unit has to be held in place while the screws are inserted after the proper tension is adjusted. The other picture shows the wrench that does this on the left. Inserting the pins in the rotor will hold it in place while the screws are inserted and tightened. It should have just enough tension to balance the quill at any given position but not so much as to lift the quill.

The wrench on the left in the picture was made from a large washer with sections from a 1/4" bolt for pins and a piece of scrap metal welded to provide a handle. The pins fit into any two of the holes while the screws are inserted into the threaded holes. The wrench on the right is used to tighten or loosen the large nut on the nose of the spindle. I made these when I refurbished the mill and converted it back to a manual mill. It had been a CNC from the factory but the computer was gone when I got the mill.

Hope this helps. By the way, I'm still struggling with photobucket. LOL.

Webb Quill Spring Rotor and Bearing.

Quill Tools.

Last edited by GNM109; 03-02-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X