Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Is anyone in a related Yahoo group? Any message problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Is anyone in a related Yahoo group? Any message problems?

I am in a few Yahoo groups, for Atlas, Logan , and Rivett, and noticed that I can no longer just "reply" as one used to be able to. I see that quite a number of other folks have had the same issue, so it isn't just something on my computer only....

I use Outlook Express, mostly because I have a long history with it, and if I change, I may have to trash all the old messages that I have saved for reference, interest, etc. This may be an incompatibility issue that Yahoo has created......

Now, I want to reply to a message, I have to copy the old message into a new window, er-enter the address and subject, edit, add text, and send from there.

If I do not, the old message will be quoted, but anything new that was added will be lost.... the message will come through looking as if I hit send before I added anything.

This seems to be a new thing due to changes Yahoo made.... apparently they decided that "everyone" is using a smartphone, or Win8, or some such thing. (And that if anyone isn't, that's their bad luck)

I assume there is a solution to this, which preferably does not include throwing away the message history in OE.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

yes, i had the same issue.
    i "think" it`s kind of fixed now- although when you put your arrow on the reply button it still acts like it`s not active but seems to work anyway.

Comment

I am a member in the clausing group but I think the layout of the forums suck there and don't go very much. It is kind of a shame since there is a lot of good info on certain brands. I do know that yahoo has been making a lot of changes for the worse everywhere. My yahoo email account just took a turn for the worse, good news is I can now pay under $2 a month to get it back the way it was.

Comment

Originally posted by 1200rpm View Post
        yes, i had the same issue.
        i "think" it`s kind of fixed now- although when you put your arrow on the reply button it still acts like it`s not active but seems to work anyway.
        That's something different.... If I reply the normal way, everything works, the message goes into the outbox looking correct..... and it goes to the group.

The problem is that Yahoo apparently strips off the added material, and sends only the quoted material out in email.

There is speculation that the "new format" at Yahoo is misinterpreting replies made when NOT using a particular encoding as having that encoding.... and the stripped-off portion is what does not conform. Natural, since if the original message is in one form, and you don't use that form, your portion won't be encoded that way.

It would seem that the sent message ought to be in *your* format, though, it may be an interaction between OE and the Yahoo programming.

I expect some settings might change that, but have not identified them yet.

Yahoo seems now to default to passing through all attachments regardless of type.... supposedly it only passes through .jpg, but people have sent all sorts of files through, including in one case, an entire subdirectory off their disk.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

I agree with Oxford.
          The layout of YAHOO groups SUCKS.
          It's confusing, and jumbled.
          Plus, your Email will get jammed up with 'new replies'

Comment

Well, that's your opinion.....

I'm IN several yahoo groups, and they have been fine until recently, at which time they went to heck as far as the Yahoo end of things. The crazy new format is the worst, plus most groups have enabled the file attachments, which I am not crazy about.

But as far as the other stuff you said, it's of no consequence..... I have no idea what you mean is "confusing and jumbled"..... you join, you get emails, which you can delete if they are not of interest.... or reply to (at least you used to be able to) if of interest. And you can email the group to ask questions.... What's confusing? What's "jumbled"?

My email isn't "jammed up", although I get a fair number of messages..... I quit the shaper group, both because several of the people there were very obnoxious (takes a bit for ME to consider someone obnoxious), and because the message volume was insane..... but that's an option.

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

Working...
            X