Propane for i.c. Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane for i.c. Engines

Now that I am near the end of my build on the Odds and Ends engine, I'm wondering exactly what I would need to run it on propane as opposed to gasoline. I'm sure its more complex than running a hose from my Bernzomatic propane torch up to the carbs air intake!!! What would I need, and where would I buy it, and roughly what does it cost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.---Brian
    Brian Rupnow

[It's really not to hard to do. I have a forklift that runs on propane & you have the tank with a regulater then a devise that looks like a regulator but runs water lines to the engine for heat I believe then a cap on the carb top. I'm not the one to ask but a forklift mechanic or propane company can help. Good luck!
    Also they run propane to boost power on diesel engines. Both these apps are very simple.
    QUOTE=brian Rupnow;834754]Now that I am near the end of my build on the Odds and Ends engine, I'm wondering exactly what I would need to run it on propane as opposed to gasoline. I'm sure its more complex than running a hose from my Bernzomatic propane torch up to the carbs air intake!!! What would I need, and where would I buy it, and roughly what does it cost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.---Brian[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by flylo; 03-03-2013, 06:10 PM.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Comment

You need a demand regulator. Only flows propane when the engine is drawing vacuum. See tip 3 in the FAME website:

http://www.floridaame.org/HowTo2.htm

Comment

Working...
      X