OT: My first lottery scam, finally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: My first lottery scam, finally.

I finally won, 800,000 dollars, on a random e-mail pick from the Ontario Lottery Guild and all I have to do is to send in all my personnel information. I can hardly wait until the money gets here.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Send in the info of your least favorite politician...
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Yep I won an even million last year and then not two months later I won a new Mercedes, all I had to do was send them $1500 for "processing" fees! The really funny part is I have absolutely no memory of entering these lotteries, just forgetful I guess, In fact I think I must have forgotten where I parked that Mercedes because I can't seem to find it anywhere!
      Last edited by radkins; 03-07-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Only $800,000- thats pretty slack. The Nigerian ones offer far, far bigger rewards than that. Or are they the ones where a corrupt oil company executive , who has since died, had a $20mil of illegal funds in a bank account and the dodgy solicitor needs your help to launder the money?

Some of them are quite entertaining to read.

bollie7

Comment

But the lotteries are a scam anyway. The idea that you buy a few tickets, then waste ten minutes every day imagining what you'd do if you won, makes me laugh. You pay them, then you spend your time, thinking about something that won't happen.

Now, if they paid you, to spend your time, thinking how wonderful they are, well, that would be different.

Mind you, I do fell the occasional twinge in my pocket when we get a rollover to several millions. No ! Stop it ! Slap hand !

At least the Nigerian scams provide some entertainment.
          Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

Latest scam was to send a message that looked like a "Thank you for your payment" -email from PayPal and ooh, look-i-here, a nice link in the bottom for 'canceling' your payment. Actually looked legit, but one really has to be stupid to fall for these.

Then again there are stupid people around the world, otherwise these scams would not be tried again and again. Some are just so thick that they give out CC #, CCV # and pin number and everything else needed to a webpage, just to check that their card is not found on any 'scammer lists'
            Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Welcome to the millionaire's club! I have been a member since around 2002, and the money still keeps coming periodically (yes, the rich get richer!).

I am now having a new problem with this kind of thing coming through the snail mail, not to me, but to my elderly in-laws. We were fortunate to intercept the form he filled out and had me run to the mailbox for him. The return address just didn't look right, so I broke federal law and took it in the house and opened it. Sure enough.... He gets one about every three weeks. I've managed to get these before he sees them (I've been picking up his mail and taking it in to him). Wife has contacted the Post Office and the Attorney General but, so far, nothing.

Beware. We go from children to adult and back to children. Old folks just don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by rohart View Post
                But the lotteries are a scam anyway. The idea that you buy a few tickets, then waste ten minutes every day imagining what you'd do if you won, makes me laugh. You pay them, then you spend your time, thinking about something that won't happen.

Now, if they paid you, to spend your time, thinking how wonderful they are, well, that would be different.

Mind you, I do fell the occasional twinge in my pocket when we get a rollover to several millions. No ! Stop it ! Slap hand !

At least the Nigerian scams provide some entertainment.
                Actually, what you describe is a very good form of entertainment! Who doesn't like to think about a windfall. The trick is, and since you probably will not win, is not to invest heavily in it. When the pot gets to be big, we will spend two dollars for ONE ticket (or one dollar if it's the other lottery). And always remember, someone DOES win. No, it ain't gonna be me, BUT.................

Comment

You're welcome

I won that lottery a while ago, but since I've got $17,396,000 coming any day now from a Nigerian Prince I met on line, I figured I'd turn it down and let someone else have the good fortune.

:-)

Comment

I've got the National Lottery sussed - every week I don't buy £5 worth of tickets, and every ten weeks I get a £50 payout. In fact I've been so successful that I'm planning to double the number of tickets I don't buy.

George

Comment

The guys I work with get mad at me every week because I decline their offer to 'pony-up' into their Lottery pot.
                      They always tell me, "You'll be sorry when we win it!!"
                      No I won't, after everyone wins, and then quits, I'll finally have a nice quiet place to work undisturbed.
                      The lottery's a scam anyway. Another trick to get more tax revenue out of people.

Comment

This scam actually looked very convincing except for the payout quoted in US dollars. On a Canadian lottery????? How stupid are these people.
                        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

I have been appointed to a senior position with the UN, I just have to send the $$ to cover my business class air fares and five star hotel expenses to take up my position in Brussels.

The whole thing is being handled by their regional office in Namibia.

Comment

The lottery is a tax on poor people.

Some years ago i was in a syndicate of 5 people who did the football pools, it was £1 per week.
                            One guy left and we all took the slack up and paid £1.25 a week, then another guy left and it fell apart because another of the guys didn't want to take the slack up.

So couple of nights later insurance man called round for the monthly premiums for life policy and I asked him what could I get for £1.50 a week.
                            Took this policy out for 15 years and at the end of 15 years I got £2500, not bad for only paying £1200 in.

When the pools ever came up in conversation I used to tell people than in x years I was going to win the pools, when they wanted to know how I was so positive I was going to win I told them. Never did win the big one on the pools but at least i did win.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I posted the best one I have seen here already a couple of years ago but I can't find the post now, anyway I got a delivery "notice" from the USPS in an official looking USPS E-Mail form that stated'

["Dear fine sir" Your package is available to delivery now, Please see below link for form to be present at Office of Posta for retrieval of your package.]

Sound like it came from the USPS? SUUUURE it does!!

"Fine sir", yep that's me!

Seems like every time I order something from Enco I get these "notices" from UPS, USPS or both (most are not nearly as goofy sounding as that one) for a week or so afterword, don't know if the leak is on my end or Enco's but I'm betting it's Enco.

Comment

Working...
                              X