O.T. Gravity hurts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. Gravity hurts.

I know - I know - couldn't have happened to a nicer guy right?

went riding on this extremely technical trail yesterday because we had temps into the 70's and thought id pick up where I left off last fall - fall being the key word,and picking up too I guess,

coulda been worse - coulda added new meaning to the phrase "spring break"

I left so much hair and skin on this one rock out there it kinda looks like a chia pet now...

enjoy.

Stay in the shop...it's safer there

Comment

Is the watch OK?
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by 1-800miner View Post
        Stay in the shop...it's safer there
        Lol, but there's so much fun to be had elsewhere!

I bet you scared that rock pretty good, it will probably get out of the way next time...

Comment

I posted this to several engineers at work who had, in quick succession, experienced the unyielding firmness of the Earth.

Gravity, It's not just a good suggestion - It's The Law!
          Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
          ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
            Is the watch OK?

Yup, Its a timex, appreciate your concern though

Schoolie - I bent my thumb on the other hand way back and it had me worried for a bit - I was sitting on the ground feeling a little queazy for a bit, I still got some kinda winter bug and don't feel all that great so hopefully that's a big part of it, last night I just went into a fetal tuck and tried not to get any juice on the bedsheets... even though i went back and re-ran the drop that rock is going to shake me up for a bit... rocks don't care, their ruthless...

Comment

Ouch! That is going to be a real hindrance as it heals. Did you apologize to the rock? Rocks have rights too you know!
              How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Oouch! I have to admit I'm getting too old for that stuff. I'm finding it takes a whole lot longer to heal up now that I'm not 25 anymore.

even though i went back and re-ran the drop that rock is going to shake me up for a bit...
                You know as well as I do, you lost your edge over the winter. Once your confidence level has been reestablished with a bit of seat time you'll be fine.

I've always heard of the old saying about using it or losing it.
                I just didn't realize it meant skin.
                Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

There are three basic rules one should never forget.
                  The ground never misses, rocks always win fights with skin, and you should never shave fast with a dull razor.

Comment

Falls don't hurt, it's that sudden stop that terminates the fall that hurts. Ask me how I know, took a dive off a 20' high crane rail a few decades ago. Sorry buddy but that is going to hurt for a while. Peter
                    The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Did you fall off a mountain bike or a motorcycle? Either way, as always, the rock won.
                      Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
                      http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

Yes, for sure it's that sudden stop, not the fall. I would guess we all have experienced those sudden stops in life, I know I have.
                        It's only ink and paper

Comment

Clumsy bastard...

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                            Clumsy bastard...
                            'bout time.
                            George

Comment

That's just a little surface wound.

Here's my momento from France a few years ago -

Bit Gravel Rash by mc_mtb, on Flickr
                              Using your shoulder as a brake from high speed on a dirt road is not recommendable.

Was back riding the nex day, and done the Megavalanche the following weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X