Must have screw loose..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must have screw loose..

I started repainting my drill press.had too much free time.its sitting in the machine shop. It's big so can't move it to garage area.what a major undertaking its become.i ended up striping most of what I can get to?It is too heavy to move and stands about 8 ft tall.I have dust all over everything.it ran fine with its brushed finish before. What makes one do such stupid things?you would think I knew better... Jeeesh ..

Pics! We need pics!

Comment

Don't You wish they had Heli-Coils for that kind of loose screws? I would buy a box.
      mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Originally posted by j king View Post
        What makes one do such stupid things?you would think I knew better... Jeeesh ..

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Man's prayer. Possum Lodge.

Comment

The difference between men & boys are the size of their toys!
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by j king View Post
            I started repainting my drill press.had too much free time.its sitting in the machine shop. It's big so can't move it to garage area.what a major undertaking its become.i ended up striping most of what I can get to?It is too heavy to move and stands about 8 ft tall.I have dust all over everything.it ran fine with its brushed finish before. What makes one do such stupid things?you would think I knew better... Jeeesh ..
            It's obvious why. You have an electric screwdriver!
            How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

because we're bored...plain and simple. I walk out into the shop, and on occasion, look at the pile of jobs I need to finish...but then my mind drifts...that belt grinder/deburrer I built a while back could be much improved upon, and then it begins. 5 days worth of "modifications"...most of which end up in the bin because I lack the intelligence to properly design it the first time. 20lbs of material later, whilst on revision 16.1, I've finally fixed it to work as good as it did on the first round...and stopped there because I've got stuff to do and need the stupid belt grinder to be at least halfway functional to complete the next task.

Refer to post #4 of this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X