Anyone order from SHARS ?? high shipping rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone order from SHARS ?? high shipping rates

Hi all, I have ordered from a number of suppliers, just went through the SHARS web site to make an order and was surprised at the shipping cost, it was an order that would have fit in a box that a pair of work boots would come in, would be around 12 pounds weight, shipping was like $37.50, and yes im in the eastern USA.....any thoughts..

Last time I ordered I wrote a letter concerning their shipping cost....no reply.

Comment

I get most of my Shars stuff off Ebay. Works out easier for me and a lot of the stuff is free shipping.

Comment

With any supplier if you're placing a larger order call them to see if you can get a discount on the shipping.

Comment

I asked on their comment card why USPS shipping was not an option. Their reply was that you could phone order and request USPS and that they were "working on" having it as an option online.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
            I asked on their comment card why USPS shipping was not an option. Their reply was that you could phone order and request USPS and that they were "working on" having it as an option online.
            I placed an order just the other week for some power feed gears (don't ask, LOL), and after going to the checkout on there site and seeing $90 postage for 1 and $140 for 4, I emailed them about the postage price to Australia.
            The lady (Samantha) emailed me back and said they did not have the USPS on the site as yet, and said to just said to email your order through asking for USPS postage. I picked a small flat rate box from the USPS site ($23.95 from memory) and asked them to ship in that which they did and sent me a paypal invoice, no hassles at all and the lady who emailed me was very nice about it all.
            The package arrived quick and I give them 10 out of 10 for service.

So going by this email, order through an email and ask for USPS and they will give you a price and a paypal invoice if you want to pay that way.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Davo J View Post
              I placed an order just the other week for some power feed gears (don't ask, LOL), and after going to the checkout on there site and seeing $90 postage for 1 and $140 for 4, I emailed them about the postage price to Australia.
              The lady (Samantha) emailed me back and said they did not have the USPS on the site as yet, and said to just said to email your order through asking for USPS postage. I picked a small flat rate box from the USPS site ($23.95 from memory) and asked them to ship in that which they did and sent me a paypal invoice, no hassles at all and the lady who emailed me was very nice about it all.
              The package arrived quick and I give them 10 out of 10 for service.

So going by this email, order through an email and ask for USPS and they will give you a price and a paypal invoice if you want to pay that way.

Dave
              Thats good to know Dave....
              But after they emailed me back and said to call my order in, ( i emailed them to ask about there out of normal shipping cost) ....I did call it in, and then was told they couldnt get me a shipping total until it was boxed up ready to ship.....I know some companys make a profit on shipping but a little is one thing and getting raked over the coals is another, guess I will stay with my ole faitfull suppliers....

Comment

I have a small business and I ship my products to customers. Shipping for me is a losing proposition I spent 2 hours today shipping 5 packages I don't charge my customers for this time but I can see why other businesses might. Luckily I sell most wholesale and the orders are much bigger and I deliver most of them. Just for a perspective from the other side if you call and order a $30 part it will take 20 to 30 minutes to process and get ready to ship what ever money I could have made was just lost in the time to ship. I am a one man shop so when I am shipping I am not running a machine making parts. I need to find a better way.

Mike

Comment

Mine was an easy order as I measured the gear I had to see how many could fit in a box, then passed that info onto them asking it to be sent in one of that size.

If they tell you they are going to send it in a curtain number of flat rate boxes you could check online to see how much they are.

Dave

Comment

Hi Mike,
                    I can fully understand your situation and agree, what gets me is ebay sellers who know they have to send the items out and put a packing fee on top, they could just combine that in the price of the items as most don't sell out of a shop and know they have to send them.

Dave

Comment

I just got a acme pitch and grinding gage from Shars today. I orderd on e-bay one item at the time just like they had it posted. I ask them to combine the shipping cost for the 2. They did not i was charged full shipping for both items. They would only take messages threw e-bay i asked them to refund the diverance to paypal they did not. The good thing is is was just a small amout. I was told i needed to call them bevore i place the order and not message them after the order was place. Oh well it was not much but i bet you i will remember the next time if there is a next time

Comment

Paying high costs for shipping makes it even easier for me to NOT buy any of the crappy Chinese junk they sell. Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by PixMan View Post
                          Paying high costs for shipping makes it even easier for me to NOT buy any of the crappy Chinese junk they sell. Perfect.

AMEN Brother!!

Comment

Wierd that they seem hard to work with on USPS shipping. They are close enough fro me to buy in person and each time I've done so the packing crew has been busy stuffing USPS boxes with products to ship. I'd guess 50-100 at least on the last two occasions.
                            Mike Henry near Chicago

Comment

Working...
                            X