Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT man uses excavator to dig out his basement with house still in place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT man uses excavator to dig out his basement with house still in place!

Interesting deal. I bet it would be fun for a few days at least!

http://jalopnik.com/5884800/since-19...tion-equipment
    Andy

At that rate, my sewer line will be repaired in 2024

Comment

I got bored at about 1 min, 15 secs........

Comment

Very interesting. In many ways.
        Gene

Comment

Hmmmm well I could see having fun for a few hours doing that, but 15 years ??? Damn, I wish I had that much time on my hands lol

Comment

Looks like more fun than playing video games but it would take more patience than I have. To each their own.

Brian
            OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

No real difference from the old-timers who'd fill an entire basement with a huge model railroad diorama, and then meticulously run the trains on a scale schedule- even including loading and unloading cargo. This guy's essentially playing with his toys in the same exact manner, with the exception he's actually accomplishing a task as he does so.

Doc.
              Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Wow, I sure wish I had that kind of time to waste...
                The guy is a terrible operator too, you would think after that amount of time he would have figured it out lol
                Cheers,
                Jon

Comment

About 20, 25 years ago we had a local individual attempting to dig a basement under his house. The building inspector stopped by to check up on the work and told the home owner to cease as what he was doing would lead to the house falling in. Well, you guessed it. "I know what I'm doing, and that ?:I*JGBTV inspector can kiss my *&$" Then the house fell in the hole. .
                  Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

He must related to that guy Malcolm ..in that Aussie film.

all the best./markj

Comment

not my cup of tea ....but those who live in glass houses.....

......I wonder if he joined a dating site whether there'd be a box to tick for this

Comment

Are those functioning scale hydraulic cylinders on the excavator??
                        Last edited by wierdscience; 03-19-2013, 11:15 PM.
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

He is not digging out his basement. It is configured just the way he wants it and he is making sure it stays that way! Probably his hobby is a bit cheaper than ours to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Nickel View Post
                            No real difference from the old-timers who'd fill an entire basement with a huge model railroad diorama, and then meticulously run the trains on a scale schedule- even including loading and unloading cargo. This guy's essentially playing with his toys in the same exact manner, with the exception he's actually accomplishing a task as he does so.

Doc.
                            Either way the guys got issues,,, and the old timers with the trains as you describe have issues also - two freaks don't make it normal.

Now if the old timers had plastic explosives taped to bridges and were blowing them up just as the train passes over and they were totally blitzed out of their gords on cocaine then I could at least relate to some enjoyment out of what they were doing with their time,,, granted - they would still have issues... but at least their living life a little...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                              Now if the old timers had plastic explosives taped to bridges and were blowing them up just as the train passes over and they were totally blitzed out of their gords on cocaine then I could at least relate to some enjoyment out of what they were doing with their time,,, granted - they would still have issues... but at least their living life a little...

Well that was certainly out from left field!
                              You're a sick man, you need help buddy.
                              Now who's going to clean the rum and coke off of my keyboard?
                              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Working...
                              X