Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: RAF photo op

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

I wonder what the point of no return is where Typhoon's engine intake sucks the jet into the back of the C-130 and pulls the fuslage flat

Comment

i think you misspelled "shop" as in photoshop.

Comment

Evan, Thanks for that! I'm retired USAF and have a few hours flight time on C-130's and KC-135's. Brings back memories. Thanks again!

Chuck

Comment

I am not sure about photoshop. The 3rd and 4th photos are not the same angle.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

It appears from the angle of attack that the Typhoon is indeed going very slowly as it approaches the C-130.
            Exactly how close it is to the Herc is hard to say as the up close photos are telephoto lens shots which compresses and distort the perception of depth in these photos.
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

I don't know why I'm wasting my time on this but nonetheless...

From a little google searching it's not "quite" what was implied in the stills...

It was part of the filming for an RAF advert in 2007.

Check in at around 4:45...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-s_4r5Nrug

Comment

I remember when the USAF had a top rate photo crew. Lots of amazing photographs long before there was a photoshop program.

Chuck
                Last edited by chucketn; 03-23-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Somewhere out there in YouTube land is some cold war footage of a F-15 poking its nose into the bomb bay of a Soviet Tu-95 Bear bomber.

Comment

Originally posted by tdmidget View Post
                    i think you misspelled "shop" as in photoshop.
                    "I saw pixels."
                    Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

What a waste of the taxpayers money to make that commercial. I think it is very interesting how they made the commercial but I ask why. (Rhetorical question). Does anyone here think that this commercial will gain them anything? The only ones gaining anything from this commerical are the people paid to make it.

Anyone who has flown would know that if they stuck the nose of the jet in the ass of the Herc the engines would starve and the film crew would be in serious trouble health wise!
                      Last edited by Black Forest; 03-23-2013, 05:17 AM.
                      How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Anyone who has flown would know that if they stuck the nose of the jet in the ass of the Herc the engines would starve and the film crew would be in serious trouble health wise!
                        I am sure they could have done it what a Vickers Argosy if both doors were open!

Comment

I just ran into a video that reminded me of this thread.
                          Definitely falls into the photo op category.
                          The video shows several Polish Mig 29 Fulcrums at the loading door of an Alenia C-27 Spartan, a medium sized twin engined cargo plane, think large twin engined C-130.
                          Close enough for me!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c8_1364320872
                          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

I also just see money being thrown away.
                            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                              What a waste of the taxpayers money to make that commercial. I think it is very interesting how they made the commercial but I ask why. (Rhetorical question). Does anyone here think that this commercial will gain them anything? The only ones gaining anything from this commerical are the people paid to make it.!
                              got keep serving the koolaid.....every government has to keep the propaganda up to keep support for military budgets and other things. instills a macho tribal glow in the masses. In Canada, our government is the largest purchaser of media; probably similar elsewhere. Your tax dollars at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X