Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost free 5c collets,did I learn a lesson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost free 5c collets,did I learn a lesson.

They were delivered two weeks ago and two guys seem to be deadbeats,won't even reply to pm.s
    Oh well,I should have known better.

Time to name names. You make a generous offer, did the right thing and they took advantage of you. Maybe one of them has a good explanation (was in a coma, kidnapped by Somali pirates, etc.), but not both. Best that we all know the caliber of person we have here at HSM.

Comment

No names,just trying to shame them into being honest.

Comment

That is sad. I hope they're just slow.
        Southwest Utah

Comment

Originally posted by 1-800miner View Post
          In this thread, start naming those that paid you, one name per day. See what happens.

Comment

In your original thread , eight members replied to your offer.
            They are all now suspects of being a deadbeat.
            You should fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1-800miner View Post
              At first, I agreed with this tactic but perhaps naming those you're still 'waiting for' without accusing them of dishonesty (yet) will remind them there is something they forgot to do!
              Southwest Utah

Comment

Post a deadline in this thread. No response or explanation then post names. Me, I would name names right away. I hate people that jerk me around.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I’m one of the eight.
                  This was an extremely generous offer…done the old fashioned way…no dollars up front …dependent solely on integrity…to take advantage like this is unconscionable …I trust there must be some very good reason for it…

Joe

Comment

I am also one of the eight. I did send a check, I hope it arrived. Perhaps the other two are on vacation or otherwise occupied.

I suggest the others also post similar messages instead of making 1-800miner do it.
                    Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 04-04-2013, 01:37 PM.
                    Paul A.
                    SE Texas

Make it fit.
                    You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

It would be a good idea to PM those of us that sent a check so that we know you got it. Closed loop feedback systems are always preferable to dead reckoning, right?

Dan
                      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Well since post #6 says eight people asked for them. JUST TO CLEAR THE MUD SLUNG ONTO MY NAME. I did ask for them. I PMd my addy. yada, yada... I will never pay for an item never sent.... Please ask 1-800 goldminer for an explanation. Good day, no hard feelings.....
                        signed #9
                        Last edited by ahidley; 04-04-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Most people are honest. (or at least were) Back in the '70s I used to take lots of rowing pictures, and sent them around the world.

Sometimes, when to Australia it was "here's a bunch - pay for what you want, tear up the rest - not worth sending them back" and things were ALWAYS paid.

With one exception.

I could live with one exception - one person "Stiffed" me. Then, about 4 years later, a young frantic rowing coach came to me and said - "you're the guy who sent me photographs of my race, and I lost your address - here's the money". He was visibly excited to get the dept paid. Not that it was much, but it's the honesty in people that comes across when you trust them.

Ok, and as people will ask - I'm Canadian, it was someone "south of the border" who was really excited to finally find me again. But money came in from Britain, Australia, USA, Canada, and I forget where else.

See what has happened. Maybe there's a family emergency. Maybe the package got lost in the mail (it does happen, if you read the news stories).

My vote is that the people you sent them to are honest, and that there's some issue somewhere.

Another JohnS

Comment

Originally posted by JohnAlex141r View Post
                            Most people are honest.
                            Maybe there's a family emergency. Maybe the package got lost in the mail (it does happen, if you read the news stories).

My vote is that the people you sent them to are honest, and that there's some issue somewhere.

Another JohnS
                            If you use USPS, insisting on delivery confirmation removes one potential problem. Only $0.75 extra.

Comment

I will pm the eight today.
                              I didn't think this out when I posted.
                              Didn't mean to ruffle feathers,sorry.
                              Hopefully they are late or something came up.
                              As far as publishing names...I am not about to start a mudslinging fest.
                              That is beneath me and I hope you as well.
                              Besides my scrapper friend has given me so much other stuff for free. It won't break me.

Comment

Working...
                              X