No announcement yet.

Another Ebay Fee Increase Comming !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Ebay Fee Increase Comming !!!!!

I know this subject has come up before in the past. But here it is again. Ebay is going to raise the seller fees to 10%
    I think this is going to put an ax to a lot of smaller guys as it will totally consume most sellers profit margins.
    I've found that most of the bigger sellers with stores and phone numbers are more than willing to work even better deals out side of ebay to save the fees. So where is this going??????? Is ebay hurting themselves in the long run???

JL.....................

If I'm reading the fee schedule correctly, they're trying to move people over to stores: you don't pay the 10% final value fee if you have a basic store ($20/month), so if you're selling an item > $200, you might as well subscribe to the store for a month.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformat...ification.html
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I'm glad I just unloaded my last batch of Inserts this week.
      Ebay is great for buyers, horrible for sellers.

Comment

This is a bad news for ebay sellers.
        if you can't take criticism, do the right thing.

Comment

Quit ebay! You'll be happier and have more money in your pocket.

I have quit ebay and their paypal about 3-4 years ago now. I only deal with local craigslist where I can meet the person and exchange cash and goods on the spot. Ebay can stick it!
          Andy

Comment

It all depends on what you are selling. Sometimes the long reach offered by Ebay is the best way (or the only way), sometimes local. Amazon selling can be a good alternative, but it's also not cheap.

Comment

If anybody knows a good substitute for eBay, please let us all know. It became fashionable to blame eBay (I must admit, it quite often deserves it), but nobody invented anything better yet. Although I was lucky to meet nice and responsible people on the Craig's List, the place is flooded with complete idiots, irresponsible assholes and blabbermouths. Sometimes I feel I'm losing my hope for humanity when I see them. Besides, the site itself sucks with its poor search and philosophy.

Comment

When I was trying to help my neighbor's family sell his machinery they were looking at Ebay to get prices of equipment. They didn't get the notion of the Ebay reach nor the padded out price owing to seller's fees and shipping. They had no hope of getting Ebay prices for anything because the audience is smaller and harder to reach locally. They finally all but gave the stuff away just to end the hassle of dealing with it. What worked best was a "Yard Sale" sign on the street. That lead to word of mouth advertising and the rule of 6 degrees of separation did the rest.

The lesson learned is Ebay inflates the local non-Ebay sellar's expectations in the same way that Antique Road Show does. It is temporary as reality steps in.

Comment

There is no real option other than ebay, especially for odd ball stuff like I tend to sell. Good luck selling a laser power meter head on craigslist...

Gotta grin and bear it, there is no other real game in town.

Comment

It was on the local news here in Australia about the 10% rise.

Ebay is good, last week my 2 year old grandson broke his battery powered matchbox front end loader which is about 11 inches long and raises the bucket, he loves this thing every time he comes it always tractor. It was handed down from my son and my grandson was shattered when it broke (saying Poppy fix, shed, LOL as I always fix his things with him in the shed) but it's would take a lot of work to fix it and be obvious, my son also gave it a hard time when he was young.

Anyway I searched Google pictures and found one identical with a link to ebay. It was a brand new old stock one in the box for $15 from the US or a used one for $9, being made in 96 I was lucky to find a one at all as they get a hard life and are only plastic. The postage was $22 but I was just glad I found one for him and without ebay I would never have found one so easy, if at all.

It hasn't arrived yet as I only bought it the other day but next time he visits he will get a big surprise and can get back to working on his roads and loading his trucks.

Dave

Comment

According to the fee schedule, for ebay stores, it’s 9 percent final value fee unless it’s electronics, clothing or other high volume catagory, so I don’t see any way out for the casual seller who sells only once in a while.

I haven’t sold anything on ebay for a couple of years, I only buy stuff now. In addition to the high sellers’ fees, there’s also alot of work involved in listing items. One of the reasons I gave up selling is the last time I did it the listing process had become a nightmare of multiple pages to work your way thru,- add several odd items, taking pictures and all, this becomes a full time job. Maybe it’s different now, don’t know.

The problem with the ebay store is it becomes like a health club membership, you’ll pay up front (minimum $192 per year if you prepay) thinking “Oh, I’ll use it all the time” and then don’t.

In the end, if you sell high volume of anything, ebay might work out good, otherwise, not so much. From what I see of many sellers, it’s become their full time occupation.
                      The fee schedule I find you can’t get too bothered over as they change it every 6 months anyways.
                      Gary

Appearance is Everything...

Comment

Originally posted by Davo J View Post
                        It was on the local news here in Australia about the 10% rise.

Ebay is good, last week my 2 year old grandson broke his battery powered matchbox front end loader which is about 11 inches long and raises the bucket, he loves this thing every time he comes it always tractor. It was handed down from my son and my grandson was shattered when it broke (saying Poppy fix, shed, LOL as I always fix his things with him in the shed) but it's would take a lot of work to fix it and be obvious, my son also gave it a hard time when he was young.

Anyway I searched Google pictures and found one identical with a link to ebay. It was a brand new old stock one in the box for $15 from the US or a used one for $9, being made in 96 I was lucky to find a one at all as they get a hard life and are only plastic. The postage was $22 but I was just glad I found one for him and without ebay I would never have found one so easy, if at all.

It hasn't arrived yet as I only bought it the other day but next time he visits he will get a big surprise and can get back to working on his roads and loading his trucks.

Dave
                        Are you going to give him the new one and let him think that you "fixed" the old one? That will really impress the little guy!
                        Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Originally posted by vpt View Post
                          Quit ebay! You'll be happier and have more money in your pocket.

I have quit ebay and their paypal about 3-4 years ago now. I only deal with local craigslist where I can meet the person and exchange cash and goods on the spot. Ebay can stick it!
                          I don't like eBay and PayPal any more than you do but you will never find the variety of items on Craigslist that you can on eBay (or Amazon).

As to meeting people in person and exchange items for cash in person, that's the last thing that I will ever do. It's simply too risky, at least in my area.

10% will get rid of all of the small sellers. Not only that, it will cause prices to increase to a marked extent to cover the increase. eBay is a pack of greedy bastidges.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy1 View Post
                            Are you going to give him the new one and let him think that you "fixed" the old one? That will really impress the little guy!
                            Never thought of that Bill, LOL

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GNM109 View Post
                              I don't like eBay and PayPal any more than you do but you will never find the variety of items on Craigslist that you can on eBay (or Amazon).

As to meeting people in person and exchange items for cash in person, that's the last thing that I will ever do. It's simply too risky, at least in my area.

10% will get rid of all of the small sellers. Not only that, it will cause prices to increase to a marked extent to cover the increase. eBay is a pack of greedy bastidges.

One of the deals with meeting people is not to meet them on a dead end road int he middle of nowhere. I normally meet people at places of business where there are people around. For vehicle transactions I normally meet the other person at a bank, on camera, all transactions done in the bank so money is all done right and in my account before the vehicle leaves my sight.

Craigslist and amazon does have all the same stuff and even more if you just look. There hasn't been anything yet I couldn't find on craigslist or amazon and I still do look on ebay just to look, normally if craigslist or amazon doesn't have it ebay doesn't either.

I have been scammed multiple times on ebay as a buyer AND seller. I have never been scammed from craigslist or amazon ever.

As a seller between ebay and paypal all your profit is ate up, craigslist is FREEEEEE!

No one will ever never talk me into going back to ebay and paypal.
                              Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X