finally making chips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally making chips!

Long story, but briefly, I have seen a lathe in a basement garage every time I drove by this guys house. One day I dropped in to see for myself, got talking, and got myself a casual part time job with him! He has a Harrison M300, a Turret RML 1440, and a bridgy... So far I have used all 3 machines making various bits and pieces. I have not used any of these machines for over 20 yrs. I used to have my own little machine shop in our manufacturing business, making interior decorative lighting with brass. I made the jigs and tooling for each process, and was self taught. So, I have been paid to relearn how to make chips! I just did some knurling and last time I did that was in junior highschool! The advantage for me is that I'm only a 5 minute walk to work!
    More as time goes by!
    ZL1OG:KH0EX

Sounds like that worked out pretty good for you. What kind of stuff are you making? Does this guy machine commercially?

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Hi Brian,

He is a gunsmith, so, I'm making small runs of this and that, using various grades of stainless, aluminum, and of course the different grades of steel. I will get to make various jigs that will be needed as time goes by, as well Every day is different!
      ZL1OG:KH0EX

Comment

Sounds great. Lucky you! Have fun...

Comment

Working...
        X