Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Made Tools 2013 book. Just arrived!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Made Tools 2013 book. Just arrived!!

To George and crew at Village Press, THANKS!!
    I just received my copy of the 'Shop Made Tools 2013' book.
    I love it.
    It's great to see the Thread published, and in actual print form.
    I do have one question though.
    Why did you publish the Goof-Gag item "Pipe Wrench with DRO" on page 33?
    Was this an over-sight?
    It seems odd that you'd put a Gag item in with the otherwise very useful shop made tools.
    Other than that one boo-boo, It's a great book.

I liked the gag, that's why! I considered adding something to the text to explain, but then, if you have to explain a joke, it's not much of a joke. I'm sure I'll get some letters on that one though.
    George

Comment

That is great to hear. I can't wait to see it. I hope it has a good index. :-)

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

I would love to buy a copy of the book but the $15 postage charge to the UK is more than the cost of the book. Surely there must be a way for overseas subscribers to the Home Shop Machinist magazine to get it posted with the magazine at a better rate!!
        Mike

Comment

How much and where do you get it?
          Last edited by Boostinjdm; 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

You can get it by calling our office at 800-447-7367. It costs 9.95, plus shipping. Concerning postage to the UK, the quick answer is that we can figure the shipping exactly when using your address and it almost always comes out less than $15 when we ship there. You can call as well and they will give you a more accurate shipping charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Daron Klooster View Post
              You can get it by calling our office at 800-447-7367.
              That worked perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater View Post
                To George and crew at Village Press, THANKS!!
                I just received my copy of the 'Shop Made Tools 2013' book.
                I love it.
                It's great to see the Thread published, and in actual print form.
                I second everything above!

Thanks so much for the book. It will be great to browse thru in the evening when relaxing in my recliner away from a computer.

The pipe wrench gag reminds me of a wall of tools my favorite hardware store had. It was all gags, like an electric hammer. It was a standard one w/cord & plug glued into the end of the hickory handle. Just plug it in & use it like an ordinary hammer.

Or the bow saw with a sash chain instead of the blade & a spark plug fastened at one end. Their version of a chain saw.

Best wishes to ya’ll.

Sincerely,

Jim

"To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" - Thomas Edison

"I've always wanted to get a job as a procrastinator but I keep putting off going out to find one so I guess I'll never realize my life's dream. Frustrating!" - Me

Comment

I got mine yesterday. Thank You George and Village Press. I didn't even notice the pipe wrench. I kind of breezed through it. Didn't want to use it all up at once.

When I started that thread I had a pretty good idea it would be well received but had no idea it would take off like it did. Maybe after several of these books have been published they can be bound into a hard cover book. Hey, a guy can dream right?

Brian
                  OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I want one! Do I need to call the office to get one?
                    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                      I want one! Do I need to call the office to get one?
                      I think the idea of the book is to encourage making your own tools. Looks like I have to get busy myself - I'm still using an old analog pipe wrench.

Ah, yes - pronoun reference - you must mean you want to get the BOOK.
                      Cheers,

Frank Ford
                      HomeShopTech

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ford View Post
                        I think the idea of the book is to encourage making your own tools. Looks like I have to get busy myself - I'm still using an old analog pipe wrench.

Ah, yes - pronoun reference - you must mean you want to get the BOOK.
                        Yes Frank I want to order one of the books. I thought even you could figure that out. There is a spelling checker on here.....too bad there is not an intelligence checker. It would save you all from my iliterate posts!
                        How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Can't wait to see how many post pics of their DRO wrench!
                          Andy

Comment

Do the contributors still get a free copy?
                            Precision takes time.

Comment

Do the contributors still get a free copy?
                              I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X