Is PhotoBucket "improved" again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PhotoBucket "improved" again?

I tried to get an IMG url from Photobucket today. Hovered on the picture, clicked on the little star in the upper right corner, got pull down menu, clicked on "Get Links" option and... nothing.

Double clicked, triple, still nothing.

Is it just me or is it a PB problem?
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
    http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Had the same problem the other day, as soon as i hovered over a link it disapeared.
    turned out i had to disable Adblock plus on that page.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Thanks, John.

Tried that but no joy.
      Regards, Marv

Comment

i think computers have been invented to terrorise humanity. weirdly enough by humans (or not?).

Comment

Let's see if this works.

I went to my Photobucket Library and double clicked on the small pic that I wanted. That brought up the large one and then I could select the img code from the sidebar and it briefly showed the copied message. Looks like they have added a step to the process.

Comment

Yes they did change something.Albums are now Libraries,the Library thumbnail pics have the links under them,but they don't work.
            You have to click on the thumb,let it load and then the links are displayed on the RH side of the screen.Left click on the link you want and it copies automatically.

I wish,and this goes for all websites,that once a page setup works and does what it's supposed to they leave it the hell alone and quit changing things
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by George Barnes View Post
              Let's see if this works.
              What's the Taper Attachment for George? You been holding out on us?
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Why is it when something is "improved" it turns out to be worse than before??

I had fits with PB myself, but finally hit on this:

Open to the big picture and right click in the pic, find 'copy' and click on it, then go back to this page and do 'paste' I just checked and it worked again...
                If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

weirdscience,

It fits a 12" Atlas and also a 10" Clausing. Just some more of my homemade stuff.

Comment

Hi Marv,

I just tried and it worked OK for me. Click on the "IMG code", lower left. That highlights the text, ctrl C, yada, yada.
                    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Clicking on the thumbnail to enlarge it and then clicking on the IMG code to copy it works as you all said. It allowed me to finish what I was doing (fixing dead picture links in the "Shop Made Tools" thread) but what a complete PITA.

It was only a few days ago that I managed to puzzle out how to simultaneously generate links for a selection of images and now that seems to have disappeared. (It involved clicking on the "Organizer" label which seems to have disappeared.)

What the h are these arts major code monkeys doing? They screw up a working system, give you a chance to learn the screwed up techniques, then screw it up again. I fart in their general direction.
                      Regards, Marv

Comment

No need to expand to full size; just click where I've circled, ctrl/c the URL and paste as usual.

Milton

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

I don't see what you've circled in blue when I mouse over a thumbnail. Do you have some magic option turned on?
                          Regards, Marv

Comment

The "IMG code" shows up automagically on all my thumbnails without mousing over them. Sorry, not sure why they don't on yours. I don't think I switched on or off any options.

Hopefully the PhotoBucket police don't find out that I'm actually using the service without problems or they'll change it for sure!
                            Milton

Comment

Despite the fact that it recognizes me using the URL I've always used to access it, signing in again yielded a completely different looking page including the various codes below the thumbnails mentioned by Dickeybird and the missing "Organizer" tab.

We need to add another, extra-special, circle to Dant's hell.
                              Regards, Marv

Comment

Working...
                              X