OT: Inflation in Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Inflation in Germany

Inflation has caught up to USA in Germany. It seems an inch just doesn't cover as much as it used too. Every year for my Birthday the wife orders me new blue jeans from Sheplers in Oklahoma. Every year the same size.
    Well this year my 36 x 36 jeans don't cover as much as they used too. It seems even the inch is getting smaller the same as a dollar doesn't go as far as it used too. I blamed Obama for this runaway inflation.

Any of the rest of you noticed this trend lately?

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Yes! The older I get, the more I have noticed the inflation in my clothes.
    Cheers,
    Gary

Comment

There is a theory that this type of Inch deflation is closely correlated with average national beer consumption.
      Bill

Comment

Have her order 915 X 915 mm. They'll seem a lot bigger!

Comment

It's closely related to closet shrinkage.

Actually it's not altogether a joking matter. Clothing makers have, over the years, been making smaller garments.
          I have several older shirts and pants of a given size that are a roomier fit than new items a size larger.
          Last edited by lynnl; 04-12-2013, 04:28 PM.
          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Basic Physics: Two particles of matter cannot occupy the same space at the same time!

Yes your gut and your trousers! Alistair
            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Alistair my wife wants to know why I am laughing so loudly in my study!!!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                It's closely related to closet shrinkage.

Actually it's not altogether a joking matter. Clothing makers have, over the years, been making smaller garments.
                I have several older shirts and pants of a given size that are a roomier fit than new items a size larger.
                In reality (which has nothing to do with this thread) the size 12 dress of today is markedly bigger than a dress with the same label 30 years ago.

I've taken to washing my jeans in cold water, since I no longer need the "shrink to fit" feature. I should see if I can patent the "grow to fit" concept.

Dan
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Size may be a factor based on the country of origin.
                  Years ago I was skinny as a rail, (still haven't figured out what happened) and bought shirts that were "made in korea". They seemed to have a better fit on me than the others.
                  I summized that the Koreans were generally smaller (physically) than some other nationalities.
                  Their size small was not as large as our size small.

Comment

Along this same idea. Why can't I get my hand through all the new shirt sleves
                    with the cuff buttoned. Is it another way to "save material"??? :-(
                    ...lew...

Comment

I used to check my weight regularly, and I watched as it crept ominously close to 190. Then my scales died, and I didn't weigh myself for about eighteen months. Lo and behold, I'm now down to 175. So, I highly recommend not weighing as a way to lose weight.
                      Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Guaranteed diet. eat all you want when you want.

But you have to eat naked in front of a mirror.

Comment

Wife works for a major national clothing retailer. One year they ordered clothes from a certain country in Africa, Starts with S------. The sizes all arrived too tall and skinney and had to be sent back.
                          mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Yes even my made to mil-specs peacoat shrank in the closet. Just don't understand why clothes do that.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
                              In reality (which has nothing to do with this thread) the size 12 dress of today is markedly bigger than a dress with the same label 30 years ago.

Dan
                              This is true and there is a good reason for it. Women would not buy that dress if the label said 14, but they will buy it if it says they are a petite 12.

Comment

Working...
                              X