• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt Lacing Tool

I am looking for a leather drive belt lacing tool 5"-6" long
    If claws are available i would like them as well
    Thanks

Keith in his videos shows how to do it without the tool. He has two parts and in the second he demonstrates also using the dedicated tool...the tool is sentimental for him.
    Part 1
    John M...your (un)usual basement dweller

Comment

Part 2
      John M...your (un)usual basement dweller

Comment

Belt Lacing

Originally posted by GEP View Post
        I am looking for a leather drive belt lacing tool 5"-6" long
        If claws are available i would like them as well
        Thanks
        Try McMaster carr. They have both the 'Clipper" style lacing (looks like looped staples), the tool [couple versions], also the 'Alligator" style lacing
        shown in videos in a later post part 1. The Clipper style and the nostalgic tool show in Video 2..

John in NW Indiana

Comment

If you are anywhere near Central Oregon, I can loan you the one I have. It is made to fit into a bench vise. Dad bought it to repair the belts in his portable sawmill. Circa 1945-1950.

Paul

Comment

I have a bench top Clipper belt lacer (two handles) but since no one knows where you are, suggesting where to get or borrow one is a goose chase.

Comment

Thank you John Good video

Comment

Thanks for the offer Guys
                I am to far away for Oregon. I am in Sw. Michigan
                I could go on a vacation trip
                I have to tell you guys this. I am on another forum and i asked for a lacing tool as well. One hard nose member replyed i schould install a line shaft.
                Years ago when i worked in a shop we had nothing but south bend lathes with flat belts and never had problems, yes the belt had to be shortned evry now and then. So what. A gear head lathe has to have a oil change as well.
                Last edited by GEP; 04-17-2013, 01:26 AM.

Comment

How far in SW Michigan. I have 2 or 3 clipper lacers, and several sizes of lacing at Hesston Steam Museum near New Buffalo.
                  No, none for sale we use them several times a vear on sawmill and thresing machine belts.
                  John in NW Indiana

Comment

John
                    I am in Benton Harbor. I know exactly where the museum is. Used to go to eat at Hesston bar there is good food there. Are you at the museum all the time? if i just drop in will you be there. I also need to go see a friend in New Buffalo
                    Thanks
                    Last edited by GEP; 04-18-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Clipper vise-type lacers and lacings show up on EBay all the time.

Comment

Normally at the museum every weekend [Sat & Sun] + sometimes random during the week. Usually 10:30 AM to 5 PM or so CENTRAL time.
                        Bring the belt, and an idea how much you need to shorten it.
                        John

Comment

Good things happen on this forum.

Comment

Thanks John
                            I will call you at the museum and i will try to come on a saturday.

Comment

Don't you love it when two kids meet for the first time?

Comment

Working...
                              X