Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: I'm having a tough time seeing this as part of a pressure cooker.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot damn, breaking news; Boston investigators have identified a suspect...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
      Not to detract from the basic thread here, but I also noticed the thin metal and the contrast to the cast aluminum pressure cooker my mother used and perhaps still uses. I have to wonder if perhaps this is a safety feature in that it is less likely to explode in normal use. I mean, that it would distort and leak at a lower point than a cast metal one, which would be stronger and less yielding. This would decrease the risk of an explosion in normal use.
      Paul, that reasoning sounds close to, "designed to fail".
      Cheers,
      Gary

Comment

Right, but designed to fail safely...

for instance - if they made the material on the flange just a little shallower on one side it would be the first to "peel" back - and while it will vent heavily to one side and someone could indeed still get burned at least the rest of the lid will stay on and the thing wont blow up...
        Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
          Oh wow, even if that's not the device (it doesn't look black?), that's awful security to have a package out on the street like that!

If it is one of the two devices, it would have to be the second one, that wasn't broadcasted incessantly on MSM? The one we've all seen 100 times was in a trash can in front of the building lining the street, so the blast didn't make it past the crowd control fence.
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
            Hot damn, breaking news; Boston investigators have identified a suspect...
            "The breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development."
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo View Post
              Oh wow, even if that's not the device (it doesn't look black?), that's awful security to have a package out on the street like that!
              That's exactly what I was thinking. It's another "Good job, Brownie" moment for who ever runs the BM security. If it is a picture of a bomb then it is also easy to see why so many legs would be taken off.

The pressure cooker lid was found on the roof of a six-story building.

Comment

Well hopefully, they will find the idiot that did this and show no mercy. Its a sad world when people attack others, but these psychopathic cowards that just want to hurt everyday innocent people make me want to vomit. Its times like this where we need to take a page from the old days when dealing with people like this that follow no rules or moral codes, and they should be shown the same, no rights what so ever.
                Pray the injured people make a full (physical) recovery, but sadly the emotional scars are the hardest to fix.

Comment

As an aside, I find it hard to believe that the timing w.r.t. the ricin letters is coincidental.

Comment

Well said Stern - im in 100% full agreement...

Comment

Turn down your speaker audio. At 31 seconds into this vid, two laid back hoodie guys. Creepy!

Stereotypes, certainly, but a good reason to not wear a hoodie to any public event. I'll bet they're on a watch list.
                      http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=741_1366186432

Comment

You can bet there on a watch list - that is strange and identical looking hoodie's

can't jump to conclusions but needs to be looked at as you would think they would have a different facial expression, but same can be said for the gurl seconds earlier who actually looks as if she's smiling and having fun --- ???

Comment

Seeing all of this go on is completely surreal for me. My office is on Boylston street right in this area and we were having our usual Marathon Monday party when this happened. Second bomb went off in front of our main after-work bar. Fortunately all of my people were inside and OK unlike far too many others. The bombs sounded like an old cannon or firework but much louder. Fair amount of white-grey smoke and smelled like black powder. That was the one that made me feel slightly better as it suggested a more amateur attack. News up here is still all over the map and I continue to distrust 100% of what I hear until corroborated by multiple sources.

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
                            At 31 seconds into this vid, two laid back hoodie guys. Creepy!
                            http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=741_1366186432
                            "Investigators scrambling to solve the fatal bombings at the Boston Marathon want to question a man seen on video as a possible suspect in the attack, two official sources with knowledge of the investigation said Wednesday. The sources identified the person as a man wearing a white baseball cap. One of the sources added that the cap was on backwards and the man was also wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt and a black jacket. "

Comment

So, what 'rights' and 'freedoms' do you think the government is going to steal from us in responce to this?

Remember, those who would give up freedom and rights for a little tempory security deserve none and let the terrorists win.

And the only place with absolute security, is prison. Oddly also the place where you have no rights and no freedoms.
                              Also a place where lots of people still get stabed, dispite the 'worlds best security'.
                              Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo View Post
                                One of the sources added that the cap was on backwards and the man was also wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt and a black jacket. "
                                What are the chances these hoodies are the suspects? That would be pretty weird. Not that crazier things haven't happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X