Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: I'm having a tough time seeing this as part of a pressure cooker.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willy
    replied
    Originally posted by dp View Post
    Isn't that kind of like the saying when bombs are outlawed only outlaws will have bombs?
    No that's like saying you can't legislate sanity.

Leave a comment:

• dp
    replied
    Originally posted by ikdor View Post
    I'm still waiting for a statement from the National Bomb Association claiming that less lives would have been lost if everyone in the public would have been carrying a bomb as well.....

Igor
    Isn't that kind of like the saying when bombs are outlawed only outlaws will have bombs?
    Last edited by dp; 04-18-2013, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ikdor
    replied
    I'm still waiting for a statement from the National Bomb Association claiming that less lives would have been lost if everyone in the public would have been carrying a bomb as well.....

Igor

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    I'll go along with that,how about something bright to cut through the gloom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZzMsagY7oRs

Leave a comment:

• danlb
    replied
    Just to throw in my two cents....

We don't have proof that violent films or video games cause mass murder. We don't have evidence that guns trigger violence in otherwise normal people. We have people trying to make laws to regulate games, movies and guns anyway.

We do have proof that copycat killers are common. It seems that just about every mass murderer has inspired others to heinous crimes. This is the only known cause/trigger of mass murder.

This is the third day of watching non stop news about disasters. The exact techniques are being discussed in detail. The hunt is on and when the bomber is caught we will see week after week analyzing his motives, life and trial.

I suggest that when an idiot does something like this we do a couple of things.

1) Refer to the person from then on only as "that idiot" or "that coward". Wipe his name from the history books. Remove any hint of glamor.
    2) Voluntarily limit coverage of such events to about an hour after each major development. That's long enough to let people know what happened without glorifying the act.

Publicity breeds violent acts. It's been shown again and again. The idiot in Newtown was trying to outdo the Norwegian idiot.

Nuff said.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
    That's just it,the nut wasn't compensating,
    you don't know that, lol his shrink might not even know that - hell - he probably don't even know that.

And in defensive situations a gun will put a 120lb woman on equal footing power wise with a 300lb man intent on bad intentions.Is it possible that every life and every object has a duallity of purpose and use?

Fine and dandy dude - no argument there - but what happens the other 95% of the time...

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Weird there's no doubt there's a breakdown on many levels - but generally how's the job getting done? and how's it glorified in their freaky little heads???

Willy that sickens me even more... that is the worst that people could spring into opportunistic mode at the drop of a hat,,, and it has much to do with the comment I just made to weird...

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    I'm sure George will lock this in the morning so I want at least one dig before it closes.

I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned it yet.
    As reprehensible as this disgusting act was, those looting the marathon kiosk and jacket stand are scum of the earth.
    While those in charge of those stands went to help the victims of the bombing, corpse robbing opportunists saw their chance at a free trophy...at the expense of those that lay dead or bleeding on the sidewalks!

As far as I'm concerned, we don't need those people walking freely in our society.
    Better yet...we don't need those people walking. I hope those dirt bags responsible are also held accountable.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    that's all good - but real men use a baseball bat that's kinda the trouble with the entire thing - is guns go against nature - any limp wristed panty waste douche bag like that scumbag at the elementary school can pull a wimpy little trigger and in some twisted form think that he's some kind of man - same goes for some moron with a high powered rifle taking out the biggest bull in the heard of elk - even though the guys got a 5" penis and arm muscles that can hardly wipe his own arss --- again - limp wristed panty waist douche bags shaping the world - and how are they getting this done??? is it any wonder why were even having this conversation....
    That's just it,the nut wasn't compensating,he was playing a game and achieving goals in his mind.His mom was way out of tilt too.This kid hung around the house all day,had a paper clipping wall and a spread sheet of mass murderers and the weapons they used and strangely she never connected the dots????

And in defensive situations a gun will put a 120lb woman on equal footing power wise with a 300lb man intent on bad intentions.Is it possible that every life and every object has a duallity of purpose and use?
    Last edited by wierdscience; 04-18-2013, 02:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    I don't pack anything bigger than a 30 Boomer,they get heavy

that's all good - but real men use a baseball bat that's kinda the trouble with the entire thing - is guns go against nature - any limp wristed panty waste douche bag like that scumbag at the elementary school can pull a wimpy little trigger and in some twisted form think that he's some kind of man - same goes for some moron with a high powered rifle taking out the biggest bull in the heard of elk - even though the guys got a 5" penis and arm muscles that can hardly wipe his own arss --- again - limp wristed panty waist douche bags shaping the world - and how are they getting this done??? is it any wonder why were even having this conversation....

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    you have to realize that if you give up that 50 round clip on your assault rifle that the second you do that the gubbermints going to come in and pop a cap in the back of your head in a ditch somewhere like that poor chineese women that they show in the picture,,, nebber mind that that same gubbermint needs your income ( or at least ours does) to keep functioning to support all these peoples ( with no conscious to pop the cap in the back of your head - which we basically don't have --- YET lol) of the same place to keep said gubbermint in bidness to do so,,, see why they call him weirdscience???? lol
    I don't pack anything bigger than a 30 Boomer,they get heavy

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Hello - news flash dude - then they invented gun powder and refined food - any questions ?

get a grip on reality....

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero_Divide View Post
    Hmm how about we start with firearms and cars.

History shows those are the 2 most dangerous kinds of items in idiots hands

Even knife -wielding idiots usually get "neutralized" either by cops or the mob well before anyone gets either killed or stabbed.

Dont tell me its expensive or hard to do.
    Get somebodys name and put it to online database agains which any shop owner can check the buyer to be
    Whether you are an Evolutionist or a Creationist chances are the first murder was commited with a rock,easily obtainable anywhere without a permit and at little cost.Are we going to serial number all the rocks now?

Overshadowed in the news is another "Angel of Death" mass murderer armed with nothing more than a nursing license and a syringe.This one they think may have killed hundreds.

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/15/177029...geted-patients

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero_Divide View Post
    Its amazing how people are so brainwashed they cant accept a simple thing. Sickos who are being treated for mental disorder or have a history of violent behavoir probably should now be allowed to own something they can easily kill people with.

I mean the Newtown freak was a schisofrenic and was just off his meds.

you have to realize that if you give up that 50 round clip on your assault rifle that the second you do that the gubbermints going to come in and pop a cap in the back of your head in a ditch somewhere like that poor chineese women that they show in the picture,,, nebber mind that that same gubbermint needs your income ( or at least ours does) to keep functioning to support all these peoples ( with no conscious to pop the cap in the back of your head - which we basically don't have --- YET lol) of the same place to keep said gubbermint in bidness to do so,,, see why they call him weirdscience???? lol

Leave a comment:

• Zero_Divide
    replied
    But,with someone THAT off their rocker would it not be a very long list of items we would have to restrict access to?

That's why the current crop of gun bills do absolutely nothing to prevent another wacko from killing in mass again.If they can't get guns,they will find something else.
    Hmm how about we start with firearms and cars.

History shows those are the 2 most dangerous kinds of items in idiots hands

Even knife -wielding idiots usually get "neutralized" either by cops or the mob well before anyone gets either killed or stabbed.

Dont tell me its expensive or hard to do.
    Get somebodys name and put it to online database agains which any shop owner can check the buyer to be
    Last edited by Zero_Divide; 04-18-2013, 01:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X