DNMG carbide inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNMG carbide inserts

I need some expert advice I have scored a couple of packets of new cheap DNMG 11 04 04 Sandvik inserts and am looking for a right hand toolholder to suit as well as a left hand boring bar to suit.
    I had a look at the Sandvik website and couldn't find what I wanted and thought someone here may be able to suggest a supplier.
    Will

I bought mine from eBay, I think it from Germany. Light grey in color, had to modify the height to suit my needs and discovered it was very very tough/hard and had to take it to the surface grinder. Paid 68 EUR with shipping.

The holder just needs to be DNMG holder that fits those 1104xx inserts, brand doesn't matter.
    Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Yes, there are standards for all of these tools. For turning you'll need a toolholder marked MDJN R in the appropriate size. Your inserts have a 3/8" IC dimension--the ANSI equivalent is a DNMG 331. For boring you'll need an MDUNR bar, again, sized for your insert...
      Keith

Comment

What size square shanks does you lathe accept in the tool post? Is it a Quick Change Tool Post or other style?

You guys in AU certainly get killed on prices for most good tooling, so it pays to be sure you're getting the right product. an MDJNR holder style is good, though the newer DDJNR style can be more convenient to use. Instead of a center eccentric and separate top clamp, the newer style uses a single top clamp. The clamp extends out over the hole of the insert and with a pin on the end of the clamp entering the hole it pushes the insert down into the pocket while pulling it back into the walls. One wrench instead of two, and no trying to dig fine chips out of a 2.5mm or smaller hex socket.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the holder I have is a DDJNR type and I highly recommend it for the exact same reasons as PixMan.
          Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by PixMan View Post
            What size square shanks does you lathe accept in the tool post? Is it a Quick Change Tool Post or other style?

You guys in AU certainly get killed on prices for most good tooling, so it pays to be sure you're getting the right product. an MDJNR holder style is good, though the newer DDJNR style can be more convenient to use. Instead of a center eccentric and separate top clamp, the newer style uses a single top clamp. The clamp extends out over the hole of the insert and with a pin on the end of the clamp entering the hole it pushes the insert down into the pocket while pulling it back into the walls. One wrench instead of two, and no trying to dig fine chips out of a 2.5mm or smaller hex socket.
            20mm and quick change tool post, I am looking for a supplier with a reasonable price due to the fact that we do get gouged here pretty much.
            Will

Comment

Working...
            X