No announcement yet.

What did you machine today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303? She's for me - 304? She's a whore!
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• I reground a square head that was a little less accurate than I'd prefer. It's a nice casting, so I thought it would be worth the effort. Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	208.5 KB ID:	1841363Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	271.9 KB ID:	1841364

Comment

• Little beasties, fortunately from 360 brass.

.665 +.000 - .001" largest diameter, .463 +-.005" flat bottom bore . 209" deep.
        .078 X 45 degree chamfer on the big end

.231 +.000 -.002 on the far end with a M5.8 thread, the first article failed inspection but this is normal.

Comment

• Not machined today, but I'm finishing assembling the large checking fixtures I've been working on for the past couple weeks. It's nice when you start puting the things together in real life that you've been staring at in cad space for a while. It's even nicer when you designed it all, machined it all, and it fits and works the first time lol. This is just one of the SPC points out of 31 per hand of fixture.

Comment

Working...
          X