What did you machine today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

Is that a Rapidue Tool Post on your Lathe?

Bender Frame looking good,all those gears look like Jig Saw Puzzle.How many Lathes do you have?
    Thanks. Its a Dickson tool post.....and....not including ones I want to sell, 16 <embarrassed grin>

Comment

• congrats on getting the 10EE gearbox back together Mcgyver, that's a serious accomplishment. I imagine the stress of losing a small essential part has now disappeared too!

Thanks TTT! These sockets were roadside finds and I've got a whole box of them in my garage. I'm hoping to get up to a full set of metric and imperial to give to each of my daughters when they leave home Unfortunately I tend to find mostly 1/2 and 10mm sockets, but I still have some years to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cenedd View Post

Cheers. Would be interesting to see a picture of your shield and tray setup. A picture tells a thousand words and all that.
        I was thinking polycarbonate or lexan or something clear.
        here you go. Some people might laugh, but they help a great deal in keeping the garage clean
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9054.JPG
Views:	538
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1848715
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9055.JPG
Views:	529
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1848716

Originally posted by Cenedd View Post
        I was going to say that your cold bluing looked good but that explains it!
        That's electric blue. Came out pretty well if you don't look too closely. The handle is black anodised but I think the dye was too hot, so there are some paler patches.

Comment

• Made some wire eye twisters today out of some 3/8" drill rod. Can be used in a drill, or in a wire twisting fixture that I'm currently designing and working on.

Comment

• Finished up another custom dovetail rail. This one for a buddies .223.
            Replaces the shorter one shown. Still have to drill/tap the two front holes in the barrel when the taps arrive.
            Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
            9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

• These happened... ( don't mind the tool marks just a set up piece )

large Sector Gear

Comment

• Ya ya, big deal, you made a big penny . Read your post on instagram earlier. Impressive stuff. Sounds like you're really starting to cash in on the investment in your ability to make your own tooling. Good for you!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                  Ya ya, big deal, you made a big penny . Read your post on instagram earlier. Impressive stuff. Sounds like you're really starting to cash in on the investment in your ability to make your own tooling. Good for you!.
                  But... but ... it's a pretty penny!

Thanks for the comment. Heh. Shows you how stupid I am. I thought I might have call to make one ( maybe two ) per year. I don't think I could have underestimated that, more. LOL. Averaging one or two a week, right now. Have Eight in the chute, right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                    Ya ya, big deal, you made a big penny . Read your post on instagram earlier. Impressive stuff. Sounds like you're really starting to cash in on the investment in your ability to make your own tooling. Good for you!.
                    Imagine what he'll be able to make once he gets a rotab that does a full 360°!

Comment

• If you build it they will come. Sounds like the word is out you do nice work at reasonable prices. Time to raise your rates a bit

Comment

• Made some old tooling plate into a small fixture plate. God, I love thread milling, such a time and energy saver.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                          I cut back on drinking coffee when I retired in 2009 and only just this past week drank the first cup of coffee I've had in several years. I don't miss it.

However, I was wondering if any of you make "egg coffee"?
                          Google Vietnamese egg coffee...
                          Many people say Viet coffee (Ca Phe) is the best in the world.
                          Certainly strong.
                          I was in Hanoi last week, had to try it, an egg coffee is indeed a wonderous drink.

Comment

• Not today, this past Friday.
                            Offset shafts for some unknown purpose, 304 SS as turned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bented View Post
                              Not today, this past Friday.
                              Offset shafts for some unknown purpose, 304 SS as turned.
                              To do this how do you work the offset out. How do you go about this.?

Comment

• Well haven't been on the site much but this new redesigned website makes even me capable of posting Pictures. I been making some M300 steel Jackshafts, latest Garage project. Here's some Pics. I tried the make your own Tool Cutters as Per Mr John Stevenson (Rest In Piece Sir you are Missed) and from Mikes Workshop But I couldn't get them to cut very well. Anyhow Got some done. Had to make a custom Indexer Plate also for my rapidex. The Gear to spline fit came out within about a .001 or maybe even .002 but was very nice and snug. Hopefully doesn't
                                snap of immediately, its going on a 3 cylinder 1500 cc triple Two Stroke .

Comment

Working...
                                X