Missed the N.A.M.E.S. Show Damnit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed the N.A.M.E.S. Show Damnit!

As some of you know I lost me old dog Buster last year & a good friend of mine hooked me up with a real German Shepard police pup. Very smart dog with the heart of a kitten in Godzilla's body. Anyway about 6 weeks ago I had him on a 20' leash when for some reason he turned ran right at me & nailed me on the side of the ankle. Since then I couldn't put any weight on it & had togo back to my walker. In true man fashion I kept thinking it would get better. A week ago last weds I went to the Dr who drew blood & sent me for Xrays. When I got home I had a message to call the DR who said don't pack a bag, don't go to the local Hosp go to Kalaamazoo it's a matter of life & death. Got there they were waiting. Turned out the bone was broken & most of it eaten with infection, them Mersa on top of that.8 days ,3 surgeries & 1/3 of my my foot cut off & I'm home layed up for 6 weeks. This really sucks. Then claimed I'd have been dead the next day. Moral of the story don't be like me & go to the DR when needed. Now I'm ole 9 toes. I had met a new friend & really was looking forward to seeing my 1st show. Oh well I'm glad to be alive. Dr Stan & I were discussing how we wanted to slide into home with prety much nothing left well I seem to to be doing my part! LOL
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Holy cow man, I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Comment

I can't imagine you slowing down until they put you in the box.
      I bet you are looking for machinery deals while you are healing up.
      Which, I hope,happens soon.

Comment

6 weeks in home antibiotics & I should be fine but I was off my feet for almost year when I broke my back & had to learn to walk again. This sh*ts getting old. But I need to quit b*tching & be thankful. I'm blessed & have had a blast & plan to continue. Sorry for the whining!
        ~ James Madison

Comment

Glad to hear you're on the mend.

That was a close one!

Comment

Sir John? (eating popcorn smiley)
            Rob

Comment

Clumsy bastard

Originally posted by flylo View Post
              3 surgeries & 1/3 of my my foot cut off
              That should please the missus, only having a foot and a half.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

My what a pansy. Only three surgeries and 1/3 of a foot gone and you didn't go to the show. Not much dedication I'd say. Good thing you didn't go to a vet. He would of put you down.

At least this might give a few of members a chance to snap up some deals before you get to them.

Glad you got to the doc in time. We would miss your sorry ass around here.
                How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Dumb*ss German Dog I still have no idea what he say or why he did that but he sure has a hard head!
                  ~ James Madison

Comment

Geez, sorry to hear that flylo,,(i can just see it now, Flylo trying to sell the docs a machine, asking the nurses and staff if they knew of any old lathes/milling machines sitting around for sale ?) Lol

Good to hear you are on the mend anyway, and back here posting again!!--(Did you get any deals on any of the stainless hospital shelving or cupboards etc ?)

Comment

Thats funny as I have the infectious diesese doc & the plastic surgeon both wanting my Bonanza airplane!
                      ~ James Madison

Comment

Thats funny as I have the infectious diesese doc & the plastic surgeon both wanting my Bonanza airplane!
                        Plastic surgeon???

You got a face lift too?
                        Last edited by jmarkwolf; 04-21-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

There wasn't enought "meat" to sew it shut as they opened it up like a pc of pita bread to look for more damage/infection, so the plastic surgeon took about a 6"x8" off my upper thigh wrapped & closed it with that. If I hadn't made it I was hoping one of you guys got mt Pacemaker Lathe,
                          ~ James Madison

Comment

If I hadn't made it I was hoping one of you guys got mt Pacemaker Lathe,
                            Bugger off, shift your own junk !

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Flylo, in your original post I got the impression that by 'nailed' you meant bitten but in post #9 it sounds like the dog just ran into you. Wife and I were wondering how you got the infection. How's the dog treating you these days?

Comment

Working...
                              X