Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.A.M.E.S. expo 2014

Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

The show is coming up this month and everything is coming together. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones. We will be setting up the week before, and for those interested the vendor area is almost filled.
    And for the new/first timers I'm the one in the top hat!
    Glen
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

This will be my first show. Looking forward to it!

Comment

I plan on attending, without counting my buttons, i think this will be no 15. Will look for you. Bob,

Comment

I will be there as well dont know what day yet. Just look for the best looking kraut thats me

Comment

This will be the 25th year for me, I'm running out of room for buttons on my hat. Just wish they could move it back to the Southgate Civic Center, better venue.

PT will you be wearing your top hat this year?
            The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

Yep, problem with Southgate is they privatized the operation of the rec dept. Contractor that was running it. Wanted to charge for removal of the ice sheets and the take down of the walls and any repairs they needed to have when they were put back up. They were in sorry shape and falling apart the last year we were there. It was a way of getting somebody else to pay for the repairs, so the company could keep more profit!

My understanding the guy doing the dealing was a sh*t. They got their *ss reamed when the city found out that the show wasn't coming back. But that is life in the low budget cities now a days.
              Glen

Comment

The Yack is OK but to small. Oh well it is what it is. Still glad to have the show.
                The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

If you are not familiar with the NAMES show and are wondering if you should attend here are photos from the 2013 show.

http://neme-s.org/NAMES_2013/north_a...ngineering.htm

Errol Groff
                  Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
                  http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

Are you going to make it Errol?
                    Glen

Comment

I don't know yet. I had planned on Cabin Fever this coming weekend but a couple of week ago I stepped out of the shower and something exploded in my right knee. I have been hobbling about on crutches hoping it would get better but I think that CF is out for me. Another two weeks till NAMES so that may be do-able. I am going to call the knee doctor tomorrow and ask if going about on the knee is likely to cause further damage and if they say no I will hope to make it to NAMES. If I don't make it I wish everyone a great time and will just have to look forward to next year.

Errol Groff
                      Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
                      http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

Well Errol take care of yourself first! Man getting old sucks, we will miss you and your photo essay of the shows. But by all means get well!
                        Glen

Comment

Errol, sorry to hear you won't be making the CF show. Get that knee in shape so you and the gang can make it to NAMES!

Had to make an edit, realized I had my show threads mixed up. Anyway, we'll be at NAMES once again. Please be sure to stop by the booth and say hello if you make it there.
                          Last edited by George Bulliss; 04-07-2014, 10:39 AM.
                          George

Comment

What REALLY sucks is NOT getting old! Many do not get the opportunity to enjoy old age.i'm 78 and don't consider myself "old" yet. That could change next week, but for now I'm enjoying my time. Bob.

Comment

N.A.M.E.S. expo 2014 - tips for first time?

Any tips for a first timer?

The plan is to drive down with a friend and have a great time seeing amazing models, and meeting folks.

What should I bring? How much time should we allow? What might I plan to buy? I imagine I will be tempted to pick up some castings or a kit for something, maybe my first steam engine. I'd probably want to do a bit of research before hand.

Suggestions appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              X