X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little OT - a science quiz

http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/

13 out of 13. How good can you do?

13 for 13. I even got the last three right...

Comment

13/13. I got those last three right, too. Wasn't sure about my age, but I guessed and got it right!

Comment

They called it a "Knowledge Quiz" but it seemed a weird mixture of wisdom, knowledge/education, training, and mere trivia.

Comment

13 out of 13, Yes!
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

Close: 12 out of 13.

Comment

Nice one!

I got 11/13

Got the atmosphere one wrong ( knew it wasn't what most people probably think it is but still picked the wrong one.

And got the atom/electron one wrong.
              Andy

Comment

13/13

Or...

I'm not a member of "The 1%" :-(
                I'm not a member of "The 47%" :-)
                But 13/13 makes me a member of "The 7%" :-/

A bit more seriously, while these questions are "a weird mixture of wisdom, knowledge/education, training, and mere trivia" that only 7% of people get them all right is a bit worrisome. Even if we assume that one or two errors might be due to misreading the questions or answers, braino-s, or the like ... that still means that only 25% of the people get 11/12/13 right.

Comment

10 of 13 ... just so the other dummies don't feel bad .. grin
                  John Titor, when are you.

Comment

My wife and I both scored 13 out of 13.

John

Comment

Originally posted by vincemulhollon View Post
                      They called it a "Knowledge Quiz" but it seemed a weird mixture of wisdom, knowledge/education, training, and mere trivia.
                      Wikipedia says...

Knowledge is a familiarity with someone or something, which can include facts, information, descriptions, or skills acquired through experience or education.

Comment

13 out of 13 . Not a very comprehensive test in my opinion. AND "fracking"
                        is mostly used for oil but not being a choice gas is the only one left.
                        ...lew...

Comment

12/13 I got the sunscreen one wrong.

Sorry About That!
                          Paul A.
                          SE Texas

Make it fit.
                          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by fjk View Post
                            A bit more seriously, while these questions are "a weird mixture of wisdom, knowledge/education, training, and mere trivia" that only 7% of people get them all right is a bit worrisome. Even if we assume that one or two errors might be due to misreading the questions or answers, braino-s, or the like ... that still means that only 25% of the people get 11/12/13 right.
                            If you've ever watched Jaywalking on the Tonight Show you'd know there are a bunch of people who don't know squat.

Comment

13/13, and I'm sorry, but I regard that as pretty elementary stuff. I never studied science after age 16, but did keep up a solid interest in all things scientific, but still. But these are basic science survival questions, apart from the electron/atom one.

I was most interested in the distribution barchart showing how poorly a lot of people did. Now these were people who were interested enough to do the quiz. Why would people who must know they're not going to do well take the quiz ? Do they think that science might have got easier while they weren't looking ?

These people would be better spending their time browsing Wiki than doing quizzes.
                              Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

Working...
                              X