My new ray gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ray gun

Picked this up from my local pawnshop. Its some type on plastic injector for encapsulating wire splices in airplanes. Its unused and like new, i had to buy it as its so cool and made by a local aerospace company from the 60s.

Nicest looking glue gun I've ever seen. Better be careful- California is going to come over and ban it
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Looks like an awesome hot glue gun, does it take std size glue sticks?
      "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
      world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
      country, in easy stages."
      ~ James Madison

Comment

Lucky you! That phaser looks like it's set to "stunning"!

Comment

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intellegent down here.
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

So does this device work like a glue gun and just ooze melted plastic all over the splice or does it have some port to place the splice into so in can be neatly encapsulated?

Comment

Looks like it takes pre-sized pellets. Kind of interesting-
              I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

As my ex-wife once said, " just what are you going to do with your silly ray gun when you're through with it"?

Comment

I bought my first hot glue gun unused at an auction with a coffee can full of short yellow glue sticks, a little longer then those in your pic. The best hot glue I ever used, hated it when I finally ran out. Have never found anything that compares to it since.
                  James

Comment

Working...
                  X