This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking about chinese QUALITY????

I went to Asda store here in the uk equivelent to any large supermarket,bought my son a hoover and a food blender mixer. I switched on the hoover It made a terrible noise and after five minutes started smoking and died we then tried out the food processor and with the first amount of food in it it too started smoking badly and died.I took them back next day for a refund and explained this was downright dangerous to anyone especially for elderly folk.She promised to get back to me in a week and gave a refund what is happening here.I thought there stuff was getting better .Both items were very noisy from the outset and lasted well I said that already disgusted. Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

I bought two 3.5" angle grinders the other week, one for 50e (a dexter, not a well known brand but a good cheapy and does me) and I bought a 8 quid disposible one to put a sanding pad on and in case anyone asked to borrow it (always like to have a terrible nasty tool of that type for those occasions).
    I turned the sanding one on and it crapped its bevel box before even getting the pad up to speed with no load on it. We took it back, and they said they'd change it this time, but the next time it breaks I'm on my own. We asked why, as it was clearly covered with a years warantee under the selling regs here, and they said "well its the low price one". Ill be taking it back as often as it breaks I assured them, as thats how stores get away with selling crap. To be fair, usually they catch fire instead and by then I've lost the reciept so perhaps the quality is getting better.
    Hoover is a well known brand though, you'd have expect it to have some sort of durability...

Comment

In dark corners of the English speaking world, hoover is short for vacuum cleaner. It doesn't refer to the brand.
      I agree on keep returning it until they get fed up with selling crap. I make a copy of all my receipts as they now all print them on thermal paper which loses the print within the warranty period.....
      I returned my Bosch pneumatic hammer drill three times as they were faulty out of the box, lady behind the counter said; "you're the only one with problems with this product" when the guy behind me in line interrupts; "mine broke as well"......

Igor

Comment

I thought the Dyson had replaced the Hoover?
        Pricey I know, just wait there will soon be a DieSun!!
        Max.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxHeadRoom View Post
          I thought the Dyson had replaced the Hoover?
          Pricey I know, just wait there will soon be a DieSun!!
          Max.
          No,no.....no... that is: die soon

Steve

Comment

Right - Die Sun is how they pronounce it "over there".

Comment

Perhaps DieSoon would be a more appropriate name.
              Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Or die shi£ would be better
                Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

I think it's illegal to use the words "Chinese" and "Quality" in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by radkins View Post
                    I think it's illegal to use the words "Chinese" and "Quality" in the same sentence.
                    If you pay crappy prices, you get crappy products.

Or do you think you'll get top notch quality from the USA or Japan if you pay 0.02 cents an hour to someone to make it?
                    Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by radkins View Post
                      Not as long as you add the words, "Poor", "Crappy", "Miserable", "Spotty", "Crummy", "Woeful", "Bad", "Awful" or your choice of other negatively descriptive word before the word "Quality".
                      Cheers,
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko Fagerlund View Post
                        If you pay crappy prices, you get crappy products.

Or do you think you'll get top notch quality from the USA or Japan if you pay 0.02 cents an hour to someone to make it?
                        Its always amazed me that business men & women who only pay minimum wage complain that they "just can't get good help". Well go figure.

Comment

I try to avoid buying products from China as much as possible- but I do have one Chinese machine that is pretty high quality- my Anyang self contained forging hammer. Certainly, its not as good as an Alldays and Onions, or a Nazel- but both of those, if they were still made today, would cost me somewhere between $100,000 and $200,000 for a similar sized hammer that I paid about $5000 for, new, about ten years ago.
                          It works, sometimes daily, in an quasi-industrial setting, without fail.
                          Of course, its mostly just 3500 lbs of cast iron, not a lot of moving parts- two pistons, and some connecting rods, a couple of mechanical valves.
                          But as quality versus expense goes, I would rate it pretty highly.

Comment

Princess auto is great that way. "No sale is final untill you are satisified"

I have taken them up on that too... And they have never refused a return with a recite. Even after *years*
                            (In my defence, the only thing I have returned after years had less then a dozen hours use and came back with recite, manual and in resellable condition once I wiped off the dust)

Nearly all there 'cheap' stuff has lasted and been reasonabley well made. Definately worth what I paid. Brother is on his 10th angle grinder return or something from them, I think thats kinda pushing it, he should of just gotten his money back and bought something else... I decided myself to buy a nice milwaukee grinder after my first one died (after 2 years of good use, so I didn't return it), since I could tell that was a tool I actualy used enough to be worth buying a good one.
                            Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

People continue to blame the Chinese for building crap. If people didn't buy the crap, they wouldn't build it. Hard to justify the expense of some of the domestic stuff when it is so cheap from there, though, especially for low use items.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X