I Pad photo posting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Pad photo posting?

Took some light flak the other day for not attaching a photo. I'm still having problems with photo bucket and an I Pad. Any suggestion? Bob.

I use flickr. Photobucket sucks and has sucked for a long time.

Comment

I use the photobucket app for iPads. It is easy to use, but the photos have to be on your iPad first.

...David

This took about 2 minutes.
      Last edited by dbingen; 04-27-2013, 11:41 PM. Reason: Added photo

Comment

Originally posted by macona View Post
        I use flickr. Photobucket sucks and has sucked for a long time.
        I prefer Photobucket over Flickr. The free version of Photobucket doesn't seem to have a limit on the number of photos that you can have, whereas the free version of Flickr does.

I use both Photobucket and an iPad. The Photobucket app is buggy for me. I have to open it several times before it will load my photo library. Also it will always tell me that my photo uploads have failed. If I close the app and reopen my library, my photos are there, so it does work. Once I have the photos there, posting them from the iPad is very easy.

Comment

Hate'em both.

http://use.com is so much easier to use, and allows unlimited size images. You don't even need an account.

Comment

The "You asked for pics" post was done with "imagur" seems to work well . Still struggling with pics tho. Bob.

Comment

The problem with pbucket et al is apparent in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
                The problem with pbucket et al is apparent in this thread
                The photo posted by dbingen was moved or deleted, that will be a problem with any photo host.
                Last edited by Harvey Melvin Richards; 05-01-2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post
                  Hate'em both.

http://use.com is so much easier to use, and allows unlimited size images. You don't even need an account.
                  If you don't need an account, how do you have any control over your photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Melvin Richards View Post
                    If you don't need an account, how do you have any control over your photos?
                    If you want control, just create an account. If you really want control, host them on your own server.

I think most people throwing pics up of a project couldn't care less. They just want quick and free hosting. And if you really want control you must take the time to heavily watermark your photos, etc. And even then, once posted you have little control.

The point is, their site works without flash and javascript. They don't try and hide the link code, etc. I got tired of not being able to find the links after I uploaded images to those other sites. And then one of them, maybe it was photobucket, tried to claim ownership of everything uploaded. That is when I requested my account be removed - and even that part of their site was broken.

use.com is the only service I know of that allows unlimited image sizes for free. Most other sites restrict image sizes to Tiny.

Oh yeah, here's the bit that caused me to cancel my photobucket account:

Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content).

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post
                      Oh yeah, here's the bit that caused me to cancel my photobucket account:

Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content).
                      If you look under Use.com Terms and Conditions, Intellectual Property, they have similar terms.

Comment

Working...
                      X