Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Landing gear from 9/11 plane found in New York alley.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Landing gear from 9/11 plane found in New York alley.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly...1870/#51681870

They say it was recently found, but I'd bet someone found it years ago, tried to remove it, and gave up. It would have been worth big bucks on Ebay with proper documentation of it's removal from the alley to prove where it came from. Of course, it might have landed someone in jail for trying to sell it, too.

The rope is obviously not part of the landing gear, and it looks like it's in the right condition for several years out in the elements.
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

That 'on-site' Female reporter is a moron.
    She said that many of the victim's remains have never been found, and that the discovery of this piece of landing gear would bring closure to some of the victim's families.
    HUH??

Comment

Obviously finding the landing gear proves the jet hit the building...
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Obviously finding the landing gear proves the jet hit the building...
        Dunno Evan,never underestimate the mental gymnastics Truthers will go through to keep their fantasies going.By Tomorrow this will be proof that Zionist controlled agents of the Illuminati planted it there to cover their tracks after the controlled demolition we were all fooled into believing.
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

There ar e different versions....

1) No airplanes at all.... just lies and demolition.

2) airplanes plus demolition (the third building, which IS strange)

3) no demolition, just burying the reports on the culprits so they were allowed to do the deed because "the country needs it for solidarity". I'd almost believe that of Cheney.... he's a cold one. "Maskirovka" is right up his alley.

Finding parts, however false and planted it might be thought by some, deals with #1, but does nothing for #2 or 3. Besides, have you ever seen the part in question? it might not exist. or there has been plenty of time to make it and plant it.... the list goes on. never underestimate the creativity of conspiracy theorists.

The sad part is the the US government is "almost" capable of that. The government (or some odd small part of it) could do it, but I doubt there is any way they could keep it secret...... No doubt it would eventually come out, unless it was something like #3, that could be limited to a very very few people. The more paranoid might say those people might then slowly be eliminated. Did I mention the creativity of theorists?
          Last edited by J Tiers; 04-28-2013, 03:29 PM.

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

Why was this not found till now makes no sense and sounds very suspicious to me.and where is the remains of the so called plane that hit the pentagon.Alistair
            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

It did suprise me that both towers came down as planes are enineering marvels. Very strong on the air & can be totalled by an ever so small hit on the ground. When I lost my hanger in the tornado took the door off a smaller hanger caught some wind & rolled the Grumman back till the flaps & alierons bumped the T hangers wall. No visual damage but it was totaled. The towers had to be strong to endure the wind load. Just suprised me & I bet benladan that both came down. Gotta go just saw Elvis drive by, damn foot,walker,wait Elvis!
              "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
              world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
              country, in easy stages."
              ~ James Madison

Comment

Sigh. The root of all the arguments is based on only a few points of lack of knowledge.

1: The towers fell straight down because physics won't allow a million tons of mass to fall over sideways without a tremendous amount of sideways force applied. The taller it is the farther it must move sideways. Very tall trees will even break in half when falling and the upper half will remain nearly vertical. Nobody has ever seen a very tall building fall before.

2: Steel becomes soft as a cooked noodle at 1200 degrees. No melting required. A candle burns that hot.

3: Aluminum burns

The parts were not found because they are in a crack a foot wide and 5 stories tall. For a long time afterward they were covered in grey dust and then grey mud.

Comment

I suspect Occam's razor works best here. It didn't fall there - it was hauled there and abandoned when it became known it was an illegal act. Secondarily it can have been dropped there by the building owners who found to avoid related security or structural problems.

Surely nobody with reasonable faculties gives any credence to the looney notion of anything but aircraft impact and subsequent weakening by fire for the collapse of the buildings.

Comment

I see no reason to believe it wasnt thrown there by the original collapse.
                    I have a friend who is an electrician in NYC, and he had just finished rewiring a building across the street when 9/11 hit.
                    He was called in to rewire the whole building all over again, and saw the engine block from a fire engine sitting 40 feet in from the window on the middle of the floor, in a fifth floor condo. It was sitting in a foot deep layer of ash, papers, debris, and other stuff that had been thrown up five stories and over a couple of blocks by the buildings collapsing.
                    The force of a million tons falling caused a lot of heavy things to fly quite a distance.

Comment

I don't think any other thing caused it but I was suprised both went down. Is it true large amounts of gold was stored in the very lower parts of the buildings?
                      ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Ries View Post
                        The force of a million tons falling caused a lot of heavy things to fly quite a distance.
                        Yup,just look at the now famous street level video of the second impact.Parts of the plane make it all the way through the tower and keep moving at significant velocity.

http://youtu.be/EFiEgwLQVJk?t=4m50s
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                          Sigh. The root of all the arguments is based on only a few points of lack of knowledge.

1: The towers fell straight down because physics won't allow a million tons of mass to fall over sideways without a tremendous amount of sideways force applied. The taller it is the farther it must move sideways. Very tall trees will even break in half when falling and the upper half will remain nearly vertical. Nobody has ever seen a very tall building fall before.

2: Steel becomes soft as a cooked noodle at 1200 degrees. No melting required. A candle burns that hot.

3: Aluminum burns
                          There is an argument that jet fuel doesn't burn that hot in open burning..... to which the obvious retort is that there is a fair amount of wind at that height, and it can be seen in the pictures of the fires. Blowing air into a fire heats it up.

There is an argument that "traces of thermite were found"..... to which the retort is that a good deal of aluminum was "imported" to the site, and office contents often contain a goodly amount of aluminum also. "traces of thermite" would have to include aluminum and iron/steel in various states of oxidation, which clearly would result from a fire.

There is an argument that there were pictures showing beams cut at 45 degrees, which is typical of demolition. I have seen them in ordinary news, so no secrets there. Dunno about that one, I'd bet there were beams 'cut" at pretty much any angle you care to name. And I simply do not think there is any way that an operation that big could be kept secret....

There is an argument that the buildings "fell too fast", that there was no way for that sort of acceleration. These people apparently think the fall should have stopped at each floor until the weight became too much for it, at which point it would fail.. To that I can only say that the impact of the top 20 or 30 stories falling on the next one is likely to be fairly un-stoppable, due to impact force vs static load, and as more weight is accumulated, and falls farther, it won't get better.
                          Plus, the columns would have lost the stabilizing effect of being attached to the top part of the building, or even to the floor they were originally attached to.....it was disconnected and falling on them. So they would not have the full Euler formula resistance to bending under load that they would if still attached.

The final argument is that the third building had no reason to fall, but it did. I have no particular answer to that one. One has to suppose that two very large buildings falling in close proximity to it, with debris hitting it, etc, must have done it. if that for sme reason isn't true, then it must have been sabotaged, but keeping that secret seems very unlikely.

The only conspiracy theory that holds any amount of water is the one that says the reports on these guys were just held up, and they were allowed to get on with it for some devious reason. It might have taken 4 or 5 people to do that, max, with Cheney at the top of the plot, as the ex-CIA guy in the room.

A few people can stay clammed for a long time. maybe forever, so it's unlikely we'll ever have proof of that even if it were true, which it just might be..

Keep eye on ball.
                          Hashim Khan

Comment

I wish they would have built them back to look exactly as they did.
                            ~ James Madison

Comment

There is an argument that jet fuel doesn't burn that hot in open burning..
                              What argument? Of course it does and a good deal hotter than required to weaken the steel enough to give way. All of the petroleum based fuels including coal have nearly the same flame temperature, give or take about 100 degrees C. They all burn at around 2000 C in a stoichiometric mixture and somewhat lower in a rich mixture. 2000C = 3652 F. At 1200 degrees F structural steel loses about 60% of its strength and at 1450 F it is down to only 10% of normal strength.

There was also a much less realized design flaw in that there were three central support columns. They were arranged in a line. All is well with the weight equally distributed until you remove just one. Then, (edit) if you remove either outer column all the weight then falls on just one column. One column was fully taken out in each crash by the impact.
                              Last edited by Evan; 04-29-2013, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X