No announcement yet.

OT: I won my appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evan, maybe now you can pay for postage!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
      I could obtain it from the US since I am a citizen but it costs $35,000 per year. It makes it possible to have true deep sleep instead of dreaming twice as much as normal, which is what I do. Not going to happen though.
      This is the best news on the forum in a long time. I'm wondering if you are also a Canadian citizen, or if not, if that might have delayed your appeal for so long.
      Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

While I'm certainly glad you won the appeal, I'm certain you'd prefer to be healthy enough to not need the pension. I do hope it increases your ability to acquire that which you need to help live a life approaching normalcy. It also shows how a supportive spouse makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

Still smiling this morning I bet! I know I am but I know how it sucks to have you're body fail you. My mind still runs 90+ but the body runs under 10. I keep planning like always, not realizing I'll probably never live to see it all done. My wife & I were talking last night about not leaving all my stuff for her to deal with. She'd just lock the door & there it would sit. I plan on selling what I'm not going to use & finding someone honest to list, sell & load the rest on Ebay when the time comes. Good luck & great news my friend!

Comment

Congrats Evan. Here in the states we have a lot of people collecting that don't deserve it. I'm glad to hear Canada finally got a system to help deserving people collect. Lets hope it doesn't get like the U.S. with all its aliens collecting. We are slowly going broke because of it. After all you have been through you certainly deserve it. Way to go. Boot

Comment

Good for you Evan! I'm glad you're finally getting some kind of relief. At least financial if not physical.

I wish you both the best! Warren
              Kansas City area

Comment

I am a dual citizen, citizenship played no part. I thank you all for the encouragement. We both are looking forward to having this out of our lives so we can get on with the things that really matter.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

It replaces my regular Canada Pension that started in 2009 but in all they will be paying me something close to $30,000 back pay.
                  So what new toys are on the bucket list ? Anything interesting ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I will be buying a Fuji 3D camera. It is the best of the bunch right now and has exceptional features including a large autostereoscopic (no glasses) screen. It takes 3D HD 1080P 3D movies as well as stills. It has two 10 mpix imagers at full proper eye separation.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/...epix_real3dw3/

Comment

I will be buying a Fuji 3D camera. It is the best of the bunch right now and has exceptional features including a large autostereoscopic (no glasses) screen. It takes 3D HD 1080P 3D movies as well as stills. It has two 10 mpix imagers at full proper eye separation.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/...epix_real3dw3/
                      Ahhh, a very fine toy. I mean, tool.
                      I bet you'll take some amazing photos and movies with it. Shame few of us will have the 3d monitor to view them properly!
                      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

\i don't drink either just send me the money.Alistair
                        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

I imagine some nameless bureaucrat finally got around to googling Evan's name and realized just what they were up against. In a rare moment of government logic they decided to just settle the dispute on it's merits rather than waste money and lose in the end anyway.

Congratulations, Even.

Comment

I will be buying a Fuji 3D camera.
                            I can't imagine any better way to celebrate your "windfall."

My understanding (I hope I'm wrong!) is that the Real 3D W3 doesn't produce two separate files, to enable printing a conventional stereo pair. For stills it all hinges on how good the lenticular prints are. I've not seen one, so eagerly I await your opinion.
                            Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by aostling View Post
                              My understanding (I hope I'm wrong!) is that the Real 3D W3 doesn't produce two separate files, to enable printing a conventional stereo pair. For stills it all hinges on how good the lenticular prints are.
                              Fuji co-developed the W3 with Nvidia, for the 3D Vision System (active polarized glasses). The box the W3 ships in is covered with the Nvidia neon green.
                              http://boardstore.nvidia.com/store/n...ctID.220698100

It outputs side-to-side stereo pairs in either .JPS (JPEG, side-to-side), or .PNS (PNG, side-to-side).

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-visi...to-viewer.html

The W3 has been out for several years -- I posted here awhile back my experiences playing with it, and the Nvidia 3D Vision System. Fuji shipped us a bunch of pictures of the LA Laker's cheerleaders -- very impressive
                              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

My understanding (I hope I'm wrong!) is that the Real 3D W3 doesn't produce two separate files, to enable printing a conventional stereo pair. For stills it all hinges on how good the lenticular prints are. I've not seen one, so eagerly I await your opinion.
                                It has a full bag of tricks. It will output both 3D format as well as individual jpg for each sensor all formats at a single press of the button. It also has a macro 3D mode where it will use just one sensor and you shift the camera the desired amount and take a second image. Or it will do both at once and produce two 3D macro images at the same time with 65mm separation. It has auto or manual convergence control so you can set the depth that will correspond with the plane of the screen. Even so it is trivial to separate the two images from a 3D format image.

In 2D mode each sensor can be adjusted differently such as tele and wide pair of images at one press of the button.

There are many cool features. I will wait for the check to arrive before I go shopping. For some silly reason I don't completely trust the government...

Comment

Working...
                                X