Hacksaw for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacksaw for sale

I will do a new thread on this project, it is worth pulling the pics etc together.....

This is my little bandsaw recently made. I had it apart for painting after some testing and use so it is looking its best today.

It takes the same blades as the 4 x 6 bandsaw that we all have and love and is slow running for cutting steel. 9 1/2" (240mm) throat.

The main plate, legs, table and wheels are laser cut. then ~8 hours machining, assembly and fine tuning.
    There are more pictures if wanted and an untidy cad file too. Anyway, the pics.

ADDING MORE SHORTLY
    "...do you not think you have enough machines?"

No outer slider. The square block is nylon and applies ~2mm preload so it runs tight. I havn't added a thrust bearing to the top either as I see most of the work being done at the bottom 10mm. It is a slow runner and the blade is well controlled with these guides.
    I had fitted bearings initially in place of the sliders but the noise of them rumbling would put your head away.

Yes, maybe too substantialy built. This is a bit heavy. Next time the wheels will get spokes, table thinner and the frame lightening holes.

Some more pics.

MORE COMMING

Comment

Motor and gearbox details.

and a vid.

some blade slip there but you will notice the hand disappearing to adjust tension on the run.

1400rpm > 20:1 reduction > 250mm dia wheel > 55 M/MIN......~180 feet / min

I have the CAD file for plasma cut that could be emailed if anyone is interested and am still working on the CAD for the small parts.

....anyone like to buy a hacksaw????

Comment

That is a great saw for sure. Nice work!
        How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Looks like it cuts as good as it looks. Nice job on the design and fabrication.
          George

Comment

Originally posted by Davidhcnc View Post
            ....anyone like to buy a hacksaw????
            SO now youve built a *Band Saw* you have a spare hacksaw?

Dave

ps, looks like it works, well done
            Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

Very nice! It will surely serve you well.
              If you don’t already have one, I would encourage you to build a belt grinder for your next project.
              Have fun with it, Mike

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Beautiful little bandsaw I am far too lazy to make my own I just buy most things then I don't have access to all the equipment you used your a skillful man no doubt thanks for showing. Alistair
                  Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Has the ban on "for sale" posts been lifted while I wasn't looking?

Brian
                    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

That is a pretty nice gear motor .. did you make or buy that ? It looks like it is directly driving
                      the bottom wheel.
                      John Titor, when are you.

Comment

It's a very nice saw. Good finish also.... that makes it look quite "pro".

OSHA would force it to be shut down and moved out of the shop, but that is not a problem in the home shop, and you are out of jurisdiction.

(it has "pinch points" and places to catch a hand.....OSHA hates those. Me, I say it's a saw, and a person needs to watch out when using it.)

Originally posted by bborr01 View Post

Brian
                        I believe it is a joke.... he built this, so the hand hacksaw is no longer needed....... see post #6 also.

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

Comment

Nice saw!!
                          Not to throw cold water on the project, but, his use of gloves while operating a machine, and him brushing the chips away with his hand while the saw was running made me cringe.
                          olcop

Comment

Originally posted by bborr01 View Post
                            Pssst. It is humour, nothing actually for sale.

Now that he has this nice home-built band saw, he no longer
                            has need of his hacksaw ...

Comment

Working...
                            X