I drove about 730 miles today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drove about 730 miles today...

I found myself on an adventure today where I drove more in one day that I have driven in 20 years. I wandered into Michigan and found myself at a certain Flyno's house... Or should I say, his hanger.

Anyway, as I was minding my own business, this lovely South Bend 13 jumped into the Bubbamobile:

From the side...

It came from this hanger...

And here's a hint of the glories within...

I had a great visit with Flyno. I found him to be good humored, agreeable, and an altogether swell guy. /hatsoff
    Last edited by Tony Ennis; 05-12-2013, 01:07 AM.

What kind of a shop is that- I don't see a Unimat-
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

wow... now i see why he is always posting the enco % off threads
      ~ What was once an Opinion, became a Fact, to be later proven Wrong ~
      http://site.thisisjusthowidoit.com
      https://www.youtube.com/user/thisisjusthowidoit

Comment

Whatcha wanna bet Sir John's POS Bridgy is in there somewhere?
        Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Definitely been a happier man since that POS went............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Congrats on the lathe, we have almost the same lathe. Mine does not have the D style spindle or the drum switch. If you have any questions on how to take it apart or where to put felts i will be glad to help.

Comment

I thought Flylo only bought stuff and hoarded it?

Comment

Tony is a great guy & we had fun. 1st time in over a month I've done anything at all, sure felt good. I hated to see it go but I have 4 machines under tarps outside. Sold the Webaco just before I went to the hospital. Time to thin the herd. Tony let me be the 1st to say YOU SUCK!
                I do think it needs a BP to go with it. Kinda like a horse needs a sheep or goat for a buddy. It rained & blew like mad until Tony got there then the sun came out & ended up a great day. Thanks again!

Comment

I need hanger like Flylo's!

Comment

It isn't that crowded. I see some room in the rafters.

Comment

I saw some top-rate Olde American Iron in there...

Comment

Thats only 1/2 of the main part with another 1/2 & 2 additions & another whole building. My wife calls it junk, I call it treasure! The plan is to get this part back to a hanger again. Look to the bottom left & see the Do-All 8000# cast iron surface plate. It has 5 legs not shown & not included in that weight. It's little brother is on top. This is the catch all, cram it in it will fit end(because of the 40' door) & not the workshop end.

Comment

Guessing who sees the most "Toy's" errrrr "Tools" in the photo could be a fun job here ?

First time I have ever seen a Surface Plate used to determine the "level" in a Propane Tank !

Rich

Comment

Why does it have 'hands Off' written on it in pink lipstick? Is that your was of reserving stuff?

Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                            Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                            Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Just a cover over the spindle bore. It has a nice size thru hole 13/8" I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X