Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geez... you Canadians piss off everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez... you Canadians piss off everyone.

Was searching around for a collet closer and came across this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hardinge-Sjo...-/110781278248

If you look towards the middle of the page, just above the pictures of the collet closer for sale there is a description along with a note to Canadians.

_
    ~ What was once an Opinion, became a Fact, to be later proven Wrong ~
    http://site.thisisjusthowidoit.com
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thisisjusthowidoit

Yep, can't take them anywhere!

Comment

It happens to Australians as well,
      Shars on ebay will not post here and when I asked them about it they said there where to many postage problems, but they will post from there online store.
      work that one out LOL

Dave
      Last edited by Davo J; 05-13-2013, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Hmmm. 99.6% positive feedback out of 3355 sales, that means 14 or 15 of his customers have given him grief??????

Comment

I've seen several guys like that on Ebay. I've bought several items from "power-boater" & he won't ship to Canada. Maybe postal related as there does seem to be a lot easier here?
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

I must be missing something. In the section on "all feedback" it shows for the last 12 months 310 positive, 2 neutral and 1 negative.

Sending to Canada is not difficult. Fill out the tag that goes on the parcel to state what it contains. About 5 words will do for a simple single item. "Machine tool, lathe collet chuck" + the declared value. The buyer is responsible for duty and taxes, not the seller.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Only if you use US Mail. If you use UPS or FedEx it is a freeking nightmare.

Comment

The solution to that seems obvious.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

We have loads of trouble sending to Canada.
                  For a start we can only use Royal mail or carriers. RM will only ship 2Kg max and this is to do with the Canada end, it's 4Kg anywhere else.

If we use DHL or Fedex the user gets raped on the Canada end for fees and duty, not our problem but we get bad feedback because of it.

Last problem is missing items. Daughter used to make costume jewelery and because she had to declare what was in the parcel on the CN22 none and I repeat none of the Canadian parcels arrived so she refused to sent to Canada and Italy which has the same problem.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

being a canadian and buying lots of stuff from the US , i have never had a problem , seems strange . the add is also very weird .

Comment

Originally posted by JEZX View Post
                      being a canadian and buying lots of stuff from the US , i have never had a problem , seems strange . the add is also very weird .
                      If you piss us off enough we will turn your oil and water off. Remember 1812 !!! Regards David Powell.

Comment

Aside from the BS about Canadians, did anyone else notice the photo that shows the close up of the engraved "Hardinge Brohters"?

Comment

The seller was up front about why at least. Most sellers just say no sales to Canada.
                          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                          country, in easy stages."
                          ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                            The solution to that seems obvious.
                            There's a max weight limit of 64 lbs on US Postal Service International Packages.

I've been burned with UPS packages going to Canada. It's not the fault of Canada or Canadians, obviously, it's the racket the carriers have with custom's brokerage fees.

In the case of Ebay sellers, the most common scenario is that they ship the package to a Canadian buyer, the buyer gets hit with a customs brokerage fee, and they take it out on the seller with negative feedback.
                            Last edited by lazlo; 05-13-2013, 10:16 AM.
                            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Who says it has anything to do with shipping, he clearly states that he does not like their attitudes...

Comment

Working...
                              X