No announcement yet.

Mossberg passes 10 million model 500s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossberg passes 10 million model 500s!

That's a machining feat! http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/30/mo...tion-landmark/
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Every time I see one of these articles, I'm just baffled... Ten million of these things? A jillion Beetles, a gazillion Zippo lighters... Where the heck are they all? The damn things must be all over the place. There are 300 million people in the USA... so every thirtieth person has one? Really?

Comment

Nah, probably have 13. LOL!
      ~ James Madison

Comment

Just bought a Bantam 500 in 20ga in March. Already own an 835 and 935 in 12 gauge. They throw some awsome patterns for turkeys when loaded with tungsten shot. (they should the shot is only $60/lb) Wanted something lighter to carry in the woods, plus the wife or grandkids can use it.

Comment

I'm glad to have contributed to that milestone figure.
          Never an issue with it in over 20 years. That is an enormous amount of production for one model though.

I wonder how that stacks up to some other iconic models like the 870 Remington, model 94 Winchester, or the S&W K-frame revolvers just to name a few?
          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

I too have one of those 10 million

Comment

I've had my Mossberg 500 for about 22 years now. It's not the best tool for the job, but it turns rattlesnakes into jelly fairly quickly.

Comment

I just have a cheap winchester 12G with pistol grip and short barrel.
                Andy

Comment

I still got mine,my brother lost his in a wreck,irreparably bent between the truck cab floor and seat frame.
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

My favorite is an Itaca 37 " not the new ones" because they have no disconector & if you hold the trigger in everytime the bolt closes it fires, the Winchester 1300 is the smothest. the 500 & 870 are tied. In a semi auto the old FN Browning A5 humpback. I love to see the lockscrews thar haven't been bungled & the very thin screw slots. I keep a Reminton copy behind the door with peep sights I paid $50 for.
                    Last edited by flylo; 05-22-2013, 02:33 AM.
                    ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                      I keep a Reminton copy behind the door with peep sights I paid $50 for.
                      I picked up a peep sight for My door for 5 bucks at Ace, sounds like someone finally took You for a few bucks.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                        My favorite is an Itaca 37 " not the new ones" because they have no disconector & if you hold the trigger in everytime the bolt closes it fires

Ithaca? I have an old ithaca 37. When I got it for a birthday present at 14 years old it was never fired and was already something like 15 years old or more. I personally put about 2 boxes of shells threw it at trap meets and I must say the gun is very impressive! I haven't shot it in at least 10 years now, I just pull it out and clean it now and then.
                        Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X