Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20,000 M-16s missing, no guards & no clues!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The name Oliver North suddenly springs to mind.
    What did they use as a medium of exchange in the Iran-Contras deal?
    Drugs or some such thing?
    CIA
    Trade Colombian hookers to Saudi A for arms smuggled into Syria.

Comment

They're in Holder's basement.
      No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Hey Evan, my first thought was, what an easy way for the government to give the rebel fighters arms and ammo without anyone knowing. I wonder if they allowed any shoulder fired rocket launchers to be carried off as well.
        It's only ink and paper

Comment

Buddy of mine informed me it is misinformation. 20,000 rounds of M16 ammo were stolen not guns. He said no armory holds 20,000 M16s at one time.
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Stan View Post
            If you ever spend any time in the 3rd world you'll soon discover occurrences like this one are not rare. During my 2nd deployment we were anchored out in Subic Bay, PI
            Actually, the company I work for has a facility in Calamba City, PI. That's a couple hours from Subic Bay. I was there just last year.

When were you stationed there?

Comment

Very well could be true. If you do a search it comes up a 100+ times but not by a major news network. Seems odd it wasn't on CNN, or others. As high as ammo is it does make more sense.
              Originally posted by vpt View Post
              Buddy of mine informed me it is misinformation. 20,000 rounds of M16 ammo were stolen not guns. He said no armory holds 20,000 M16s at one time.
              "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
              world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
              country, in easy stages."
              ~ James Madison

Comment

The major networks won't carry it if they have been "asked" not to. The State Dept very recently "removed" the CAD plans for the printable pistol AND every other cad plan on the website. Seems to me the First Amendment is in a bit of trouble. The good thing is that the internet cannot be controlled by anyone. It was explicitly designed without any central control. DARPA's idea was that if there is no central control you cannot take it out. Like knives, there are two edges to that.

Disinformation?
                Last edited by Evan; 05-24-2013, 01:49 AM.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

Disinformation?

Wrong information? misinterpreted information?
                  Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Carld View Post
                    Hey Evan, my first thought was, what an easy way for the government to give the rebel fighters arms and ammo without anyone knowing. I wonder if they allowed any shoulder fired rocket launchers to be carried off as well.
                    That's what went missing in Lybia,15-25,000 shoulder fired missles.It's what some believe those Seals who were killed along with Amb Stevens were looking for.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/nightm...ry?id=14610199

http://breakingdefense.com/2011/10/0...-general-says/
                    Last edited by wierdscience; 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I had a customer that was retired from a high level job with the US goverment, I think the State Dept after the iron curtain fell. He could tell you how much radioactive material, weapons, etc was "missing" or unaccounted for at any one time in the world. A lot in the US but I guess it was a free for all in the communest countries & the black market. What he told was most spooky & scary to say the least.
                      "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                      world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                      country, in easy stages."
                      ~ James Madison

Comment

There is a self limiting factor that helps prevent serious problems from following such missing materials. That factor is those kinds of items tend to be a very good way to get dead if you try to trade in them. Anybody interested in such contraband is much more likely to kill you rather than pay you. It is also very difficult to arrange payment while still remaining completely anonymous. That is becoming more difficult by the day.
                        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Disinformation--------That's like distransparency: The holding up of a yellow plastic curtain or anything, to prevent a camera weilder from recording the actions of paramedics/police while handling a guy laying on the tarmac.

Sorta like the first law of nurse: If it's not written down, it didn't happen.

Comment

Hah Kuwait.
                            I bet those guns will turn up in the arms of siryan "freedom fighters".

See, US can not send any weapons openly, but if they got stolen and somehow made their way through that would be OK.

Ohh boy everybody hates Assad so much they go through this to help their own enemies.
                            How stupid is that US is unseating more or less stable secular regimes to replace them with radical islamists who will never embrace US as a friendly nation?

Look at Afganistan.
                            They were so hellbent on helping taliban make Russians go away they didnt notice it wasnt friends they were.dealing with.

Eh regimes fight- regular people die.
                            FSWizard - Free Online Speed and Feed Calculator

Comment

Originally posted by Zero_Divide View Post
                              Look at Afganistan.
                              They were so hellbent on helping taliban make Russians go away they didnt notice it wasnt friends they were.dealing with.

I am not sure that is quite right as the Taleban were not formed until some time after the Soviets left Afghanistan. The US gave assistance to the mujahideen who after the Russians left fell into various warlord factions that fought among themselves and failed to establish a government of Afghanistan meanwhile the whole country fell under heel of the various warlords and their private armies.

The Taleban were formed in Pakistan and entered Afghanistan where they fought the warlords eventually controlling 95% of the country, the remainder being held by the surviving warlords who were formed into the Northern Alliance. The Northern Alliance fought against the Taleban during the coalition invasion of the country and some of them took places in the new Afghan government.

Then again there was Osama bin Laden and his family and followers....

Comment

Originally posted by Zero_Divide View Post

Look at Afganistan.
                                They were so hellbent on helping taliban make Russians go away they didnt notice it wasnt friends they were dealing with.

Eh regimes fight- regular people die.
                                Sure we did. Ever hear of the expression "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

Didn't like Stalin in the slightest but considered Hitler to be the far bigger threat.

Sometimes life isn't simple.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X