Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20,000 M-16s missing, no guards & no clues!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disinformation is information that is untrue but plausible and calculated to produce confusion intended to cloud the issue. By providing alternate stories that cannot be verified any more than the original story the entire issue becomes diluted and with no certainty what the correct story may be.

A good example is what is called a "cover story" where the nature of the story is fiction.
    Last edited by Evan; 05-25-2013, 01:22 PM.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Kuwait has a GDP per capita similar to the USA, why do you attempt to draw a comaprison between Kuwait and the Phillipines, which has a GDP per capita that is only 5% of either of the former.

Phil

Originally posted by Dr Stan View Post
      If you ever spend any time in the 3rd world you'll soon discover occurrences like this one are not rare. During my 2nd deployment we were anchored out in Subic Bay, PI and locals climbed the anchor chain and stole the mooring lines. We're talking 3 or 4 inch dia rope here and no one saw a thing including everyone who was on watch. Keep in mind this was on a US Navy ship.

BTW, I'm not trying to say nothing like this happens in the US or other industrialized countries, but when you have people existing on the equivalent of a US dollar a day some of them will seek out any way they can to put food on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        So, how does the State Department supply Syrian rebels without a paper trail?
        That would be my guess as well -- when 20,000 guns disappear out of an unguarded armory, there's a government involved.

But I wonder about the legitimacy of the original report. If you Google it, the article shows up on various gun forums, but no mainstream media.
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Check post #22 Robert.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
            Check post #22 Robert.
            Well sure, it could be a coordinated conspiracy of the world's governments not to carry the story. Or, more likely, it's just another rumor passed around the gun forums.

I mean, the list of sites hosting the story is downright hilarious

http://bit.ly/18ik06w
            Last edited by lazlo; 05-26-2013, 05:10 AM.
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
            X