Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - how to remove coolant smells from my clothes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero_Divide
    replied
    Wash work clothes separately.
    After workclothes wash regular socks or something and the t-shirts and stuff. Only then you throw your wifes panties in there

Leave a comment:

• 1-800miner
    replied
    New job...new wife...old clothes

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by adatesman View Post
    Best solution is a uniform service that supplies and washes them for you.
    AS an employee of a uniform rental company I'll second that idea.

Leave a comment:

• adatesman
    replied
    Clothes for work and clothes for home, and don't wash them together. Or better yet, wash the work clothes elsewhere since the oil/chips are hard to get out of the machine. Best solution is a uniform service that supplies and washes them for you.

Been there, done that.

Leave a comment:

• boslab
    replied
    Quick soak in bicarbonate of soda solution should ease the problem, you can add a little borax as well but optional, that's what the missus tells me!
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• OT - how to remove coolant smells from my clothes!!

After ten years as a medical field technologist, I've made a life change, and gotten a job at a machine shop. I'm into my third week as a Barber-coleman hobbs machine operator, and a Fellows 10-2 shaper operator. As anyone who has ran these types of machines will attest, you get a bit of coolant on you

My wife has tried many home remedies to get the odor out, vinegar, pre soaking, oxy booster, and what not. Is there any way to get the smell out, or do I have work clothes that forever smell like yesterdays work....???
Working...
X