Karma got me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma got me!

A few days ago, I called out Sir John when it took his granddaughter to point out to him that the plastic parts he cut with his laser didn't fit tightly because he didn't take into account the width of the beam.

I, on the other hand, am much more diligent than that. The acrylic pieces I cut out Saturday with my cnc router all came out too big, because I took into account the entire width of the end mill, instead of just half.

Go ahead. Say it. I can take it.
    Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Originally posted by browne92 View Post
    A few days ago, I called out Sir John when it took his granddaughter to point out to him that the plastic parts he cut with his laser didn't fit tightly because he didn't take into account the width of the beam.

I, on the other hand, am much more diligent than that. The acrylic pieces I cut out Saturday with my cnc router all came out too big, because I took into account the entire width of the end mill, instead of just half.

The fellow who has not made a few mistakes or miscalculations probably has not worked fast enough or often enough to be a serious contender in the productivity department. Regards David ( just lost a few thous again) Powell.

Comment

I never make mistakes never ever in my whole life.hardly any ever. Well a few maYBE. a few hundred in 62 years not bad a few hundred everyday for 62 years still that's not bad eh what do you lot think and don't forget his ludship is an elderly gentleman these days and you need to think of that actually he's two days older than father christmas LOL Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

A few days ago, I called out Sir John ...
        Clumsy bastard.

Just kidding of course!

Comment

Originally posted by jmarkwolf View Post
          clumsy bastard.

Just kidding of course!

lol

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Puts you in good company. When the Hubble telescope was first launched they discovered the mirror was off by the diameter of the sphere on the measuring probe.

Comment

It is well said that the bloke who never made a mistake never made anything.
              Welcome to the club!

Comment

I very, very, very rarely make a mistake.

OTOH I spend a 'lot' of time 'modifying' parts

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Better too big than too small. It's a lot easier to take material off than to put it back on.

Today while cutting a keyway the darned end mill slipped in the holder because I hadn't tightened the set screw properly. I had to resort to making up a tapered key to account for my inattention.
                  The way I look at it, instead of a screw-up, it is now a feature, as the key will be hard pressed to walk out on it's own now that it's tapered.
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                    Better too big than too small. It's a lot easier to take material off than to put it back on.

Today while cutting a keyway the darned end mill slipped in the holder because I hadn't tightened the set screw properly. I had to resort to making up a tapered key to account for my inattention.
                    The way I look at it, instead of a screw-up, it is now a feature, as the key will be hard pressed to walk out on it's own now that it's tapered.

Wow, you have invented the tapered gib key, patent pending

Comment

Fixin boo-boos is sometimes where real talent shows itself.
                      Cheers,
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by gcude View Post
                        Fixin boo-boos is sometimes where real talent shows itself.
                        I think fixing your own is easy. Fixing others boo-boos is where the fun begins.

Nev.
                        Nev.

Comment

MUM will be soooooo Proud!
                          Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                          Wow, you have invented the tapered gib key, patent pending
                          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                          country, in easy stages."
                          ~ James Madison

Comment

...Go ahead. Say it. I can take it.
                            Yup, my grand-dad always used to say: "What goes around, comes around." Amazing how often it happens--to me, anyway...
                            Keith

Comment

I used to Motocross & this saying applies to life as well. "If you don't fall down sometime your not going fast enough!"
                              "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                              world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                              country, in easy stages."
                              ~ James Madison

Comment

Working...
                              X