Flutter valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flutter valves

Im building up a home brew swamper to cool my bro's massive shop - I already have the fan unit built and you have to be careful walking in front of it or it will wash your legs out from underneath you - so should do the trick,,,

This is going to be a pad-less cooler total loss water system and I was thinking about using the bosch K jetronic injectors on them but am pretty sure they are not stainless and would just eat it in no time due to rust...

they are a perfect low pressure flutter valve though and they atomize wonderfully because so,

so what im wondering - if there is something mainstream I could use? I can't think of anything right off but is there something that uses a frequency valve to atomize water ?

it would be damn handy and it's also a great self cleaning mechanism that does not need a whole lot of attention, if I can't find one im going to build my own I guess so could be at least machining topic related...

What about those misters they used on the produce at the supermarket.
    Gene

Comment

Just now checking into that as my bro just told me about patio misters to keep people cool also,

my concern is the nozzles are stagnant meaning they will most likely calcify and plug - but worth a try and now im combining flutter valve and misters in my search to see if someone has come up with the combination. if not it looks like misters might just be the ticket and worth a try so thanks for the good suggestion. :-)

Comment

dang - did not know it but they already make kits just for fans, so im going to go that route flutter or not. if I have to soak them in vinegar once a year it will be worth it,

thanks ya'll

Comment

Not sure about flutter valves but I used to install those mist nozzles in produce cases. They operated on filtered RO water... if you use tap water they will plug up.
          Can you divert a little of that air stream and build a carburetor like device to atomize the water?

paul
          paul
          ARS W9PCS

Esto Vigilans

Remember, just because you can doesn't mean you should...
          but you may have to

Comment

Chicken house misters work quite well for that, if you have a constant pressure of water.And thay are cheep enough to just replace when thay go bad.

Comment

Also greenhouse misters would work well, they are available in many different drop sizes too.

Comment

Wasn't legionnaires disease caused by misters?

Comment

Elf:- short answer: NO! Legionella is a bacterium that is as common as dirt. When it incubates in a cooling tower, and then gets introduced into an air-handling system that serves a bunch of rooms occupied by pretty decrepid folk, (called, by the way, Legionaires,) a lot get sick and we have a NEW DISEASE.
                  A K, what kind of water are you using? If it is "pretty thick,"(lots of dissolved solids,) the nozzles will plug pretty quick. Easy cure:- buy good ones, either plastic or SS and a set of spares. Regularly change them and soak the clogged ones in an acid solution to clean them.
                  Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Low pressure fog nozzles and fittings-

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies...systems_4.html

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies...;pgwf4023.html
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Wow good sight WS, esp. if you want to custom build your own for certain applications,

just got to thinking how many guys have that old upright furnace that they replaced taking up space and how they could just use it with the blower and mount misters inside the squirrel cage - kept away from the motor of course and you have yourself a poor folk evaporative cooler...

this method would pump far too much moisture into an enclosed home, but for an open workshop like what I plan on running mine in it could be just the ticket...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                        so what im wondering - if there is something mainstream I could use?
                        I installed the drip irrigation system in my container garden on Thursday. Yes yes drip, but stay with me, using the same infrastructure you can install microsprayers on the ends of the hoses instead of drippers, its all interchangeable. My drippers drop half a gallon per dripper per hour, but all the sprayers I've seen draw five to ten gallons per hour. Filters and regulators are more or less sold by GPH and I have a 30 so I could run 3 to maybe 6 micro sprayers (I have more containers than that...) You'll need the full garden kit with a pressure reducer and backflow preventer and a filter and all that, not just a sprayer.

I'm assuming the farmers have a pretty good handle on reliability and stuff. Maybe the cheapest drip irrigation stuff, like the cheapest anything, is garbage. The stuff I have is pretty generic and its reliable. I suppose it depends on your local water chemistry?

It seems off the shelf micro spray emitters are all under $2 each. The full kit of pressure regulator and hose and all that probably won't set you back more than $40 or so?

I donno if anyone has tried garden drip irrigation with water based machine shop coolant, but every time I install or mess with the system I think about it. Maybe if I used a model airplane pressurized tank and a 30 psi regulator off shop air to pressurize it "turn on the coolant". I donno if model airplabe tanks can survive 30 psi. I know a 2-liter bottle sure will, but then I need to install two bulkheads in the cap... which I probably can do... The problem is a half gallon/hr emitter connected to a 2-liter bottle means about an hour of runtime, but if I want mist, 10 GPH and a 2-liter bottle means something like 10 minutes of runtime which probably is too fast.

Comment

The chicken house misters run at high pressure. There is a small cylinder inside that has tiny slots on the end next to the orifice, they are angled which causes the cylinder to rotate continuosly. This to help spread the spray and to help prevent clogging.

Comment

Working...
                          X