Text Problem????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Problem????????????

I have been having trouble here every time I post I can not use the enter key to start a new paragraph if needed. And this is the only site I have noticed it on. Any ideas
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Well, lets see. Here goes the Enter key...

I pressed it twice and it seems to have created a new paragraph with a blank line in between. Now, three times...

Looks like new paragraph with two blank lines. I think it is working as it should.

Edit after first posting this reply. It did post as I expected, with the paragraphs separated as I expected.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

There are Settings available under the Forum Actions tab near the top of every page. If you scroll down the Settings, near the bottom you will find some choices that may make a difference. One possible choice would be "Skin". There apparently is a mobile skin and that may have different ways of treating a carriage return. I was afraid to change mine as I do not want any problems. Some of the other choices may also have an effect on this.
      Paul A.

Make it fit.
      You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Spin,You're not the only one - I get it occasionally. Same thing, you can't start a new line. Oddly (and not joking, it's happened right now - neither of the enter keys work... Ian
        All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

That can happen if you are at the last character space on a line.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Try
            Try
            Well it worked on my phone
            Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

try2
              try2
              Well the desktop worked too. Changed the editor setting to he midrange

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Doctor View Post
                I have been having trouble here every time I post I can not use the enter key to start a new paragraph if needed. And this is the only site I have noticed it on. Any ideas
                A Google search reveals that this is not uncommon.

Apparently older versions of the vBulletin forum software are incompatible with Internet Explorer 10. I believe this site is using vBulletin 4.2.0, and that version 4.2.1 is required for a complete cure.

The problem shuld only occur if using 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG editing', so changing the editor mode should indeed provide a simple workaround:-

(To change editor mode - at the top right of the page - click 'Settings'.
                Click 'General Settings' on left left side of the page (found under 'My Settings').
                In the 'Miscellaneous Options' section toward the bottom of the page - select 'Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls'
                Click 'Save Changes'.)

Cheers

Comment

i have this problem sometimes, only on this forum
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/csprecision

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington View Post
                    A Google search reveals that this is not uncommon.

Apparently older versions of the vBulletin forum software are incompatible with Internet Explorer 10. I believe this site is using vBulletin 4.2.0, and that version 4.2.1 is required for a complete cure.

The problem shuld only occur if using 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG editing', so changing the editor mode should indeed provide a simple workaround:-

(To change editor mode - at the top right of the page - click 'Settings'.
                    Click 'General Settings' on left left side of the page (found under 'My Settings').
                    In the 'Miscellaneous Options' section toward the bottom of the page - select 'Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls'
                    Click 'Save Changes'.)

Cheers

That's done the job , and fixed the problem .

Many thanks

all the best.markj

Comment

Working...
                    X