Verry Verry god price on DRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verry Verry god price on DRO

I have bean looking at DRO's for some time and all i got was diverant awnsers and realy didnt know what to buy. The DRO Pro,s recommend magnetic over glass. I fund a member on another forum that sells magnetic DRO's only to forum members. I am buying 3 readouts that will handle 12" travel for $69.00 + shipping and can be cut to fit . If any one is interest pm me and i will hook you up. I am not connected in any way with the seller
    Last edited by GEP; 06-02-2013, 07:12 AM. Reason: miss spell the heading

Magnetic is cheaper but glass is better.

Comment

Glass was the first one. yes maby i agree glass has proofen it self. There are china made glass systems glass rails are made in 10mm increments only one problem they are huge but no problem if you have the room. If one wants to install a DRO system in a limited space machine magnetic is the other option.
      Believe me i did a lot of research and have not fund any negative statements on any type. I figure this if magnetic dont work i am not out much. The cheepest glass rail DRO i fund that i would buy is close to $500.00

Comment

Originally posted by GEP View Post
        If one wants to install a DRO system in a limited space machine magnetic is the other option.
        This is why I went with magnetic for my lathe ... my Bridgeport has glass scales though.
        Cheers,
        Gary

Comment

Times have changed; the latest magnetics are very good... Check out the specs on DRO-Pros scales.
          Last edited by lakeside53; 06-01-2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

DRO-PROS promote magnetic with a 6 year warranty.Dont have no idea hoo makes thers

Comment

#1 DRO Pros told me magbetic are more durable than glass, (as glass is breakable) but in the $6-700 price range glass is much more accurate.
              #2 Where would you use 3-12" scales & are they this type Rbay #310224430119 ? Why don't you post a pictue?
              #3 I wake up to this e-mail from you Quote "Carma is a bitch it's gettng you GP" At least this one I can read. The last few page long ones were almost impossible because of spelling, grammer & punctuation. Thanks for using spell check.
              "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
              world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
              country, in easy stages."
              ~ James Madison

Comment

I was kind of wondering where the 3rd 12" scale was going to be used as well? It seems way short for an X axis.

Comment

Oxford
                  I have another machine to use it on, may cut it

Comment

Originally posted by Elninio View Post
                    Magnetic is cheaper but glass is better.
                    Maybe define 'Better', magnetic has the ability for the same resolution, down to 1┬Ám. Magnetic is impervious to contamination, the only down side to magnetic is the possibility of expansion, but so far I have not seen any adverse reports of this?
                    Max.

Comment

Can you post a picture of these?
                      ~ James Madison

Comment

Those are not magnetic scales, they are capacitive, like digital calipers. That's why they are so cheap. They suck... Well compared to magnetic and glass.

Magnetic does have it's issues. It's resolution is determined by interpolation of the magnetic field between the poles in the magnetic tape. The two main issues are collection of chips and metal dust and interpolation lag in acceleration and deceleration. The last is really only significant on CNC and that is why you will only find optical scales on CNC equipment. I learned this recently dealing with feedback and tuning problems on my laser cutter.

Comment

I research them a lot fund no negative reports so i figured for the price i have to try them. I may have more time in them to mount them then they cost.
                          Max you mean the expansion of the scale ? I have not fund any reports on that. DRO Pro's dont mention that. I am wondering how this product compares to the DRO Pro's i am sure looking at the cost diverence there must be a diverance in the product. I do have photos of the product, would be happy to e-mailmthem to your private address

Comment

macona
                            Shields are a must that i know the problem is they have to be fabricated. I am planning to bend some on the metal brake. So now tell me why dont the so called experts mention what you are talking about

Comment

Thats what I thought when I posted the Ebay link.
                              ~ James Madison

Comment

Working...
                              X