OT- New Job, New Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- New Job, New Place

Landed a new job with a large steel firm. Will be moving from West Virginia to the Chicago area (Northern Indiana on Lake Michigan). When I get there I may need hit some of you up for material sources or machine dealers. I know nothing of the area, but learn quickly. So, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Mark

Northern IN on Lake Michigan... yeah, I think there's a machine dealer up there...

Comment

Congrats and good luck with the new job.

Never lived in that area so can't help you with finding dealers.
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

Make it fit.
      You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Look up the owner at http://www.lostcreekmachine.com/. I think his name is John, but in any case found him to be a straight shooter. Located at 3277 E 18th Rd, Ottawa, IL ‎ the SE portion of the metro area. Bought my Logan from him and it was well worth the drive from KY.

Comment

Originally posted by garagemark View Post
          Landed a new job with a large steel firm. Will be moving from West Virginia to the Chicago area (Northern Indiana on Lake Michigan). When I get there I may need hit some of you up for material sources or machine dealers. I know nothing of the area, but learn quickly. So, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
          Mark
          Make sure you purchase a house or rent in IN, stay out of this (Illinois) god forsaken state,
          Michigan is a little better than IL but not much. Indiana is the place to set up residence.
          Check your PM's

Comment

Illinois is a non-issue. I'm too much of a (hand) gun enthusiast to give it up. Ironically, you are not the first, nor second to give the same advice. So all I can deduce is that Illinois is, well, something else.... to say the least. Indiana it is.

Comment

I'm only 56 miles into Michigan off I-94 I'd be glad to have you stop, talk shop & do some shooting!
              "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
              world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
              country, in easy stages."
              ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by garagemark View Post

Cheers,
                Mark

Mark. You'll find that there are a lot of machinery dealers in your new area. Plus the fact that there a lot of machinery auctions in the area. Winternitz and Hilco have good reputations. There are usually a few lathes and milling machines in the greater Chicago area craigslist. If you have any specific questions you can PM me.

Comment

Working...
                X