X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustybolt
    replied
    Originally posted by garagemark View Post
    Landed a new job with a large steel firm. Will be moving from West Virginia to the Chicago area (Northern Indiana on Lake Michigan). When I get there I may need hit some of you up for material sources or machine dealers. I know nothing of the area, but learn quickly. So, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark. You'll find that there are a lot of machinery dealers in your new area. Plus the fact that there a lot of machinery auctions in the area. Winternitz and Hilco have good reputations. There are usually a few lathes and milling machines in the greater Chicago area craigslist. If you have any specific questions you can PM me.

Leave a comment:

• flylo
    replied
    I'm only 56 miles into Michigan off I-94 I'd be glad to have you stop, talk shop & do some shooting!

Leave a comment:

• garagemark
    replied
    Illinois is a non-issue. I'm too much of a (hand) gun enthusiast to give it up. Ironically, you are not the first, nor second to give the same advice. So all I can deduce is that Illinois is, well, something else.... to say the least. Indiana it is.

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Originally posted by garagemark View Post
    Landed a new job with a large steel firm. Will be moving from West Virginia to the Chicago area (Northern Indiana on Lake Michigan). When I get there I may need hit some of you up for material sources or machine dealers. I know nothing of the area, but learn quickly. So, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Make sure you purchase a house or rent in IN, stay out of this (Illinois) god forsaken state,
    Michigan is a little better than IL but not much. Indiana is the place to set up residence.
    Check your PM's

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Look up the owner at http://www.lostcreekmachine.com/. I think his name is John, but in any case found him to be a straight shooter. Located at 3277 E 18th Rd, Ottawa, IL ‎ the SE portion of the metro area. Bought my Logan from him and it was well worth the drive from KY.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    Congrats and good luck with the new job.

Never lived in that area so can't help you with finding dealers.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Ennis
    replied
    Northern IN on Lake Michigan... yeah, I think there's a machine dealer up there...

Leave a comment:

• garagemark
    started a topic OT- New Job, New Place

OT- New Job, New Place

Cheers,
    Mark
Working...
X