Want a lathe.... In South Texas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a lathe.... In South Texas...

As I live in South Texas the area that I can cover to find a lathe has a serious lack of population and a resulting lack of machinery...

Anyone know of any 12x36 or larger lathes for sale under $2000 south of Dallas?

I know of a man in Huston that may be able to help you. His name is Robert at [email protected] e-mail him

Comment

If you're patient, Search Tempest can be really useful. Enter your zipcode, short search term, expand the search radius to how far you would be willing to travel. Don't know where in South Texas you are but I just found a zipcode for Houston, entered 12" metal lathe with a 250 mile radius, and a few popped up.

Here's one:

metal lathe - $2100 (Corpus Christi)
      16"x36"
      http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/tls/3763624487.html

You'll have to weed through the links, rinse and repeat daily until your search is over...

Comment

Guess I should have said Deep South Texas... I live outside of San Benito, almost Mexico.

Comment

Michigans nice this time of year. Roadtrips are fun. Our 2 month summer is almost here & I know people with lots of lathes.
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

There are quite a few on Craigslist in San Antonio from time to time. I have seen nice Monarch, Hendey, South Bend, etc. lathes all listed at one time or another. Since you're in San Benito, you might want to watch the Corpus CL - there are several lathes currently listed there.

Comment

Yea, down by the border on the Gulf Coast there is little industry. Ranches that cover hundreds of square miles, yes: cotton fields, yes. But machine tools are scarce. Houston is probably the closest area where I would expect to find stuff. The oil industry, you know. Those off shore guys have big stuff. I am on the other side of Houston, in Beaumont. Some, but not a lot here either. If I was searching, I would look to Houston. Or even New Orleans; there used to be a lot of shops there for both oil and shipping industries.
              Paul A.

Make it fit.
              You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/for/3811099882.html

Comment

i would check on the grizzly if thats the right size for you. But not for what he wants

Comment

Originally posted by kf2qd View Post
                    Guess I should have said Deep South Texas... I live outside of San Benito, almost Mexico.
                    Well I guess so. That's 400 miles south of Dallas.

Correction--Nearly 600 miles!
                    Last edited by CCWKen; 06-08-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Machinery has always gone at a premium down in these parts. Auctions are a joke. Just about anything that turns up gets shipped to Mexico. The only stuff that doesn't is clapped-out junk ready for scrap. John's noodle BP would go for $4000-$4500 if the motor would start and run.

Comment

Working...
                      X