Used Equipment Dealers - Edmonton AB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Equipment Dealers - Edmonton AB

Tentatively going west this autumn & hope to stay a few days. Looked at a few dealer sites online but all machinery too big for my needs.
    Any dealers for hsm vs industrial? Thinking more accessories than machinery but I could ship to myself if something really interesting.

Thanks for any leads.

What is your route? I know of one in the Chicago area and another in St. Louis, but have no idea if you'll be anywhere close to them.

Comment

Heading west from where? There's not a lot here in HSM size, most of the used machine tools here came from oilfield shops, so there's quite a few lathes in the 20-60 inch swing range, but not so much in the 10-20 inch swing range. Pretty much the same for other machine tools. We have a busy bee and KMS with new stuff at slightly more than you could buy for online.

If you're going through Regina there's a guy who posts on kijiji from there who does new and used. No reccomendation either way from me though, I've just seen his posts.

J

Comment

Originally posted by achtanelion View Post
        ... There's not a lot here in HSM size, most of the used machine tools here came from oilfield shops, so there's quite a few lathes in the 20-60 inch swing range, but not so much in the 10-20 inch swing range. Pretty much the same for other machine tools...
        This is pretty much on the money. We have a daughter who lives in Edmonton so we're there fairly often. I've scouted out quite a few of the tool suppliers and there's not much in the way of small lathes. Over the past 4-5 years, however, I could have had my pick of lathes 20 x 60 or larger.

There are a lot of tooling suppliers in Edmonton and they generally carry a lot of stuff--certainly better stock than we see out here on the coast. A quick search for "machine tools" on the Edmonton online yellowpages...

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/...AB?showDD=true

...brings up a list of roughly 25 places to start with--there will be more if you dig deeper. I didn't find prices to be any cheaper in Edmonton than here in the Vancouver area. In fact, with the exception of a couple items I have bought on sale I can get most stuff cheaper locally than I could have bought it in Edmonton. Some of this can probably be attributed to the fact that we have a good relationship our main supplier out here but I also think that there's enough demand for stuff in Edmonton that the suppliers don't have to give it away...
        Keith

Comment

If your passing thru Calgary you can check out Modern Tool. They usually have a selection of new and used smaller lathes.
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/csprecision

Comment

Originally posted by legendboy View Post
            If your passing thru Calgary you can check out Modern Tool. They usually have a selection of new and used smaller lathes.
            They have a location in Edmonton as well...
            Keith

Comment

Probably flying direct - Ottawa - Edmonton. Stops, if required would likely not be long enough to go shopping.

Comment

Let me suggest that, if you're in Ontario and looking Alberta way for used machine tools you're looking exactly the wrong way. I no longer dare load up ontario kijiji cause the urge to rent a container, fill it with CHEAP (price) used machine tools, ship it here, and flip them for 2-5x the money gets overpowering. Sure, it's a 3-5 hour drive from where you are to where the big caches of cheap used machine tools are, but I drive that to visit my family in fort mac. It's not that long a trip.

Sorry, it sounds like I'm coming down on you. I'm not trying to, just want to point out that what's in your own back yard (relatively speaking).

J

Comment

Originally posted by achtanelion View Post
                  Let me suggest that, if you're in Ontario and looking Alberta way for used machine tools you're looking exactly the wrong way. I no longer dare load up ontario kijiji cause the urge to rent a container, fill it with CHEAP (price) used machine tools, ship it here, and flip them for 2-5x the money gets overpowering. Sure, it's a 3-5 hour drive from where you are to where the big caches of cheap used machine tools are, but I drive that to visit my family in fort mac. It's not that long a trip...
                  Yup; pretty sure you'll find a lot more stuff closer to home than out here in the west. And we're pretty much in the same boat here in the Vancouver area. I am always envious when I look on Craigslist for the Toronto area--usually a lot more stuff floating around. If you're talking big manual lathes you might do better in Edmonton but I doubt it. It's still fun to look, though. When are you going to be out? Our daughter is prego and due in the middle of June so I'm going to be out there some time in the next couple weeks...
                  Keith

Comment

Working...
                  X