OT: My health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: My health

It seems I have had another hemorrhagic stroke at some time yesterday. The symptoms are present and it is affecting my vision as well as slowing down my thinking. I may not be posting much or depending how this goes I may not post again. This is not a good thing although not really unexpected. I don't know how this will go and I can't see any doctor about it for some time. We don't have the required MRI gear in this town and a CT scan isn't useful for me because I cannot have contrast dye.

I will report back if I can. If this doesn't work out well then my wife should let you know.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Dang, Evan. Sorry to hear it.

Seems that I read or heard somewhere "The light that burns twice as bright burns only half as long."
    Sure hope in your case it ain't so.

Still, I wouldn't have wanted to go through life being a dimbulb.

Wishing you health.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Good luck to you Evan,

you keep getting backed into a corner yet somehow find a way to come back swinging...

Here's hoping that that happens for you again soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Evan! You need to be in a hospital if you think you're having an aneurysm!

Are you taking blood thinners?
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Good luck Evan, I hope everything turns out OK!

Comment

I'm not going to this hospital. There is nothing they can do for me. Most likely there is nothing anybody can do since I am inoperable. My doctor is overloaded to the max but I have an appointment on Wednesday. The reason I am not dead already is that when I stand my blood pressure drops to 85 over 45. My platelets are too low but my blood is very thick because my hemoglobin is above high normal. All together this seems to help stop bleeding. Normally I would be dead by now from hemorrhagic stroke. The question is whether this one is stopping or slowly continuing to bleed. In a few days I will either know it has stopped or I will know nothing at all.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Sorry to hear this Evan. Hope all goes well, and we have you around for some time yet.

J

Comment

Weston's words say what I'm thinking better than anything I can come up with.

My very best wishes to you Evan.
                Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Real sorry to hear this Evan.... JR

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Bye View Post
                    Seems that I read or heard somewhere "The light that burns twice as bright burns only half as long."
                    From the 1982 screenplay/film: Blade Runner. The words of Dr. Tyrell inventor of the NEXUS 6 serries of replicants.

Comment

Hoping for a miracle Evan.
                      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Best wishes, Evan. I didn't know you personally, but have read quite a few of your posts. On a lighter note: When doctors tell you there's nothing else they can do. What they mean is they've got all the money they can out of you, and now, you're on your own. God, I hate doctors.
                        No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

In our prayers here Evan.
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Wierdscience has it rignt. Prayers first. A prayer never hurt anyone. As long as we pray, we have hope. There are two kinds of luck however...
                            gvasale

Comment

Very sad and bad news, Evan. We're hoping for the best for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X