OT: My health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evan,
    I'm sorry you have to go through this. I look forward to reading your posts for a long time! Never relinquish that spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by rohart View Post
      "At home I can take nicotine which has beneficial effects..."

You cunning old fox !
      Keep you spirits up, and anything else that happens to want to be up.
      Good luck with everything out of your control, and strength to your elbow regarding everything you can influence.
      Hah! Yes keep in good spirits Evan. That is likely the most important part. Do *whatever* you feel like doing and everyone will all support you 100% of the way.
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Had another CT scan this am. The stroke isn't growing at all so it has stopped. That is the primary and most important thing about bleeding strokes. If it doesn't stop bleeding right away then you usually die in a few days to a couple of weeks. Most die at my age. Looks like I may survive this one too. Of course, nothing about my condition is usual or normal. The doctors wanted me to stay in the ICU last night and I told them no. I'm better equipped at home, as I posted earlier. Dropped in this am, everything looks ok considering I do have another stroke. So I took off and walked 5 blocks to my wife's business which made her totally surprised. I'm not going to take this as a final end to my life regardless of what it does unless it actually does kill me. If it doesn't then back to work, as much as I can do. If I live through the next few weeks then I should last a while longer, maybe.

Whatever. If I die I certainly won't regret anything or be upset about it.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

It's at least the best news that can be expected, more power to you Evan...

Comment

Evan,

You have a well-wisher in Tababela, Ecuador, where I am holed-up until a flight to Texas tomorrow. The forum could never be the same without you. I've always been in awe if your knowledge, and grateful to have you as a friend. I've never known a more gentlemanly man.

Best from,
            Last edited by aostling; 06-25-2013, 08:20 PM.
            Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Great to hear Evan. Yea you are too old to let doctors bully you around.

haha at surprising your wife, good on you.
              Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                So I took off and walked 5 blocks to my wife's business...
                You're better not be that brave yet.
                Mike
                WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Great attitude Evan, hold onto that. Hopefully you will be with us for a long time to come.
                  Russ
                  Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Don't die. I bet you still have one bolt that's got good threads on it.

Comment

Told You! So far, so good! Keep going!

Comment

If I was a doctor, I would hate to have you as a patient!

Comment

Originally posted by mikem View Post
                          If I was a doctor, I would hate to have you as a patient!
                          Agreed... but I would greatly respect you as a friend... and do !!!

Keep the positive attitude and recovery going forward.

Robin
                          Robin

Happily working on my second million Gave up on the first

Comment

My wishes to you Evan, for better health.
                            Stay well so you can keep doing what you love to do.
                            --Doozer
                            DZER

Comment

Glad you are feeling better. I'm sure the staff at the hospital was glad to see you go home as well. Something tells me you aren't the easiest patient. Those that know, and take a vested interest in their own case generally aren't.

You think you might kick any time in the near future. I've got some telescope stuff I need to post so you guys can identify it!

Comment

My prayers are with you Evan. Here's hoping that your recovery is quick and full.

Comment

Working...
                                X