Clear All

• Ahh that new Lathe smell

Was at my buddy's shop today, he is just getting his new Mori Seiki
    lathe set up and running.

Bar feeder
    Sub spindle
    Live tooling with both spindles

Very very nice...

I'll wait 25 years and buy it for $500!. wait.. I'll be 85...
    Last edited by lakeside53; 06-28-2013, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Thats a sweet machine.... i ran a NL (NL2000 or 2500 i think, forget the series) for a few months before they turned it in to a production machine (which made sense for the company, but i hate high quantity production work) and i jumped on a 1970's W&S junker

Never use one with that bar pusher (they have one on another machine, but never ran it) but the guys that have like it alot, they say the "roller" system is a night and day difference compared to hydraulic pusher - its great not having to deal with oil.

Looks like the jaws are bolt on's in the pic, the ones at the shop are quick changes, just push an allen key in the OD of the chuck, turn the jaw 90 and it pops off a "round dovetail"... grab another set and od the same... nice and fast.

Them double headed live tools are nice (on the cart)... dont see any quads, which are nice when working with small parts when you have the clearance.

Im sure your buddy will have fun with this... best of luck to him.

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
      I'll wait 25 years and buy it for $500!
      You might be waiting longer then that... Mories hold up for a long time if taken care of (guess that goes for any high end machine)... that one new is probably around $250,000.

_
      ~ What was once an Opinion, became a Fact, to be later proven Wrong ~
      http://site.thisisjusthowidoit.com
      https://www.youtube.com/user/thisisjusthowidoit

Comment

Originally posted by iMisspell View Post
        Thats a sweet machine.... i ran a NL (NL2000 or 2500 i think, forget the series) for a few months before they turned it in to a production machine (which made sense for the company, but i hate high quantity production work) and i jumped on a 1970's W&S junker

Never use one with that bar pusher (they have one on another machine, but never ran it) but the guys that have like it alot, they say the "roller" system is a night and day difference compared to hydraulic pusher - its great not having to deal with oil.

Looks like the jaws are bolt on's in the pic, the ones at the shop are quick changes, just push an allen key in the OD of the chuck, turn the jaw 90 and it pops off a "round dovetail"... grab another set and od the same... nice and fast.

Them double headed live tools are nice (on the cart)... dont see any quads, which are nice when working with small parts when you have the clearance.

Im sure your buddy will have fun with this... best of luck to him.

You might be waiting longer then that... Mories hold up for a long time if taken care of (guess that goes for any high end machine)... that one new is probably around $250,000.

_
        You got the price right, plus or minus a few dollars. He sold his old Mori 204 that was 12 years old for $55,000 in 2 days.

Comment

Working...
        X